TomTomTom's Black Stage 2 K03s Ibiza Cupra Build Thread

TomTomTom

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 230bhp :D
Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
No not yet really wish and hope I can get them refurbed or replaced somehow, photos don't do them justice but I'm person I think they really suit the car and are unique

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Update. ALOT HAS HAPPENED!

I did eventually get the wheels refurbed, got the bumper etc on had it look immaculate and running better than ever, after a few weeks I noticed some smoke on idle on occasion but did not think to much of it as it was only occasional and looked like overfueling.

ae2d432b-e7e4-4fa4-a4d0-9139b5fc1f2f.jpg

b624d4d7-7727-4679-b5f4-9341170bb2e8.jpg

I then had a incident with water and a tree :censored::(

IMG_0060.jpg

1 week later time to buy a new cupra (already missing it), picked it up and drove a 2 hour journey home to with no problems.
IMG_0090.jpg

1st weekend = entire front end swapped to the new cupra, Subframe, suspension, brakes, engine etc.
IMG_0104.jpg

2nd weekend = entire rear end swapped over.
a0a1ae3c-3977-4c32-9cba-9ae529ed4de8.jpg

3rd weekend = Whole car went off to the body shop for a full respray, arches rolled all round and front bumper widemouthed.
IMG_0307.jpg

Stayed there for about 5 weeks.

Got the car back fitted all new rear copper brake pipes and hoses, swapped the entire sound system over, re-fitted the interior.

At this point im soo happy to have my car back and better than ever :D
IMG_0352.jpg

Then I begin to notice the drive shafts and window regulators falling a part, NO PROBLEM swapped from the other car! FIXED :D

Then I get a new tip fitted to my 3" system and refit it only to find Its now pouring out clouds of smoke on idle :S first thoughts were over-fuelling but no theres oil in it :( (Oh and the clutch is slipping on boost)

d0838de9-0a54-4857-bc05-27fd1439afbc.png

Did a quick test removing the oil feed from the turbo and holding it still whilst running (appeared to stop the blue smoke)
IMG_0431.jpg

Ordered a 7KG flywheel and VR6 clutch and a second hand KO3S turbo!

FItted the turbo and now still smoking :(

Is it engine rebuild time? :S

Last edited:

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Soo many ups and downs but I never seem to be able to give up on it aha.

I started this thread mate http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=406398
So pretty sure that number #3 has failed on piston rings, going to put the other engine back in as iv done a compression test on that and all is good even tho I have no idea of mileage, then I can fit my 7Kg flywheel and vr6 clutch and ko3s turbo to that, do an engine flush and fit a new cambelt whilst it's out then when my engines out ill re-build it eventually and maybe forge it.

Compression test makes it defo seem like piston rings and can't really check valve stem seals without taking the head of anyway