Too much attention?

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
I get this a lot round my local streets, young lads in their A3's, Golf Rs, Fabia's or Merc A180s
Often at the lights revving up popping banging all over the show and weaving in an out of traffic pulling dangerous and idiotic manoeuvres.
On the flip side I pulled into the garage yestoday and the guy at the counter complimented me on having a nice car and it being a nice colour as he was looking for a Leon FR in a similar colour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich.T

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I get this a lot round my local streets, young lads in their A3's, Golf Rs, Fabia's or Merc A180s
Often at the lits revving up popping banging all over the show and weaving in an out of traffic pulling dangerous and idiotic manoeuvres.
On the flip side I pulled into the garage yestoday and the guy at the counter complimented me on having a nice car and it being a nice colour as he was looking for a Leon FR in a similar colour.

Yup
Recently overtaken by a spotty ina GTI mk5
Wrong way round a mini roundabout just to show me his car was cool and clearly faster than me.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
They do fit on to the fr just not a cheap mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen people selling them for a few hundred pounds. To be honest, if I'm going to spend that much on something, I'd rather spend it on something that's going to give a performance advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yellow fr

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
there all only good in a straight line use to get all that crap back in my 20's when i had a phase one Renault 5 gt turbo, then Clio 16v now mapped leon mk1 pd150, they get lessons learned eventfully, even better if the new blonde peace they have in the passenger seat and thats when they truly spit dummy out lol.. i was even in mums nissan micra k11 as she cant drive it now , not a bad car once upto scratch and cheap to service and parts and that has a direct front bumper direct air intake to filter were the pipe to carb was off for years and its a 16v engine, got same from a fiesta halfords special and he wont be bothering me again lol

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Must be where you live! Same car and colour as yours and never get any bother. In fact the wife finds she gets bullied in her Mini and people hate being overtaken by her on motorway. She says people don't cut her up and give her more respect in the LCR!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Still get this too nowadays and I don't drive mine that much now. I think someone commented earlier and I totally agree that most of the time it's everyday average cars that seem to give me more trouble on the road. Irony sometimes is, I'm sat on motorway crashing about on uneven surfaces pondering the money I spent to get it to this standard and some Muppet in a 1.2 Corsa fly's past me in a lot more comfort lmao.

Also just lately I may have a blat around some A roads etc and pass a fuel station and there's already people staring before I've fully past...makes me think my exhaust tone may carry further than I thought. They see the car wonder what it is until they see brembo then you can see their brains thinking 'hmmm it looks nice but what is it?'...

Reactions: Connor H

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Pretty much never happens here, only car people know what it is. People just think it's a normal Seat since it is so understated.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Well its funny how things happen.

Got a fella a few doors up the road who for some reason doesnt like my missus and I. No idea why, he just glares at us whenever he sees us and always has.

Anyway. On the way home i ended up behind him and hed obviously spotted me as he put his toe down.
Imagine a long downhill sweeping bend about 1/4 mile long.
But a built up area and a 30 ZONE.
His car a 220 Merc and im in my Leon.

So i think i should push him a little.
Get to about 1/8 mile and i back right off.
He decides to go for it and leaves me for dead.

Im guessing he didnt see the council putting a new speed camera up thismorning at the end of our road lol.

Am i a bad person? :)

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Well its funny how things happen.

Got a fella a few doors up the road who for some reason doesnt like my missus and I. No idea why, he just glares at us whenever he sees us and always has.

Anyway. On the way home i ended up behind him and hed obviously spotted me as he put his toe down.
Imagine a long downhill sweeping bend about 1/4 mile long.
But a built up area and a 30 ZONE.
His car a 220 Merc and im in my Leon.

So i think i should push him a little.
Get to about 1/8 mile and i back right off.
He decides to go for it and leaves me for dead.

Im guessing he didnt see the council putting a new speed camera up thismorning at the end of our road lol.

Am i a bad person? :)

Love that, well done :LOL:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Love that, well done :LOL:

To be honest, im not sure if they're switched on yet, not that I'll risk it lol.

And i havnt got any problems with the fella so wouldn't really wish 3 points on him.
Saying that, if hes checking his post every day for that faitfull brown envelope for the next week or 2, that'll do me.

Hoping to bump into him (not literally) on the local bypass at some point.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I did the same few years back, M4 into London, there was an excited car beside me, so I pushed on a bit.
Went down into a 40 zone so I hit the brakes and complied.
Guy beside me thought he was a winner and blasted past strait through the Gatso.
He was flashed.
He then backed off and fell in behind me ( 2 lanes ) started flashing his lights like I’d made him do it.
Muppet.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Sorry to bring up an old rant!
To the point...
Tesla drivers are quickly becoming my most detested drivers on the road!
Sorry if anyone on here has one and sorry to brand all under the same umbrella.
But for years Audi and BM drivers have taken flack for being known as, well you know what I mean. Lol
However, more and more the silent gang seem to be getting in on the act.
Twice over the last couple of weeks I’ve had one practically sat in the seats in the boot of the S Max while I’ve been driving with the flow of traffic at slightly above the speed limit.
Another took off at the lights when I was in the Leon and stopped at the next ones 600 yds down the road for longer than I did? ?
And today while at work In my wagon, a blue one ( the big one with stupid lift up doors) decided at junction 35 on the M6 that he was going off - from lane 3!!
After nearly taking out a van in lane 2 and causing me to brake he made it somehow.
Well done, hope your battery ran out before you go where you were going!! ?
Cheers, Victor. ?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
To the point...
But for years Audi and BM drivers have taken flack for being known as, well you know what I mean. Lol
Twice over the last couple of weeks I’ve had one practically sat in the seats in the boot of the S Max while I’ve been driving with the flow of traffic at slightly above the speed limit.
Another took off at the lights when I was in the Leon and stopped at the next ones 600 yds down the road for longer than I did?
And today while at work In my wagon, a blue one ( the big one with stupid lift up doors) decided at junction 35 on the M6 that he was going off - from lane 3!!
After nearly taking out a van in lane 2 and causing me to brake he made it somehow.
Well done, hope your battery ran out before you go where you were going!!
Cheers, Victor.
“The Silent Gang” love it.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Last weekend I got stuck behind a Volvo (whatever the fast one is supposed to be) doing 43 in a 60. I was going to blast past. But he had a hi-vis jacket on the parcel shelf. Let's face it, his job could be anything, but being a new volvo, estate and hi-vis I didn't want to chance it. But made me think, wonder if I'd have less idiots in my boot if I did the same.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Last weekend I got stuck behind a Volvo (whatever the fast one is supposed to be) doing 43 in a 60. I was going to blast past. But he had a hi-vis jacket on the parcel shelf. Let's face it, his job could be anything, but being a new volvo, estate and hi-vis I didn't want to chance it. But made me think, wonder if I'd have less idiots in my boot if I did the same.

I was thinking about a blatant rear facing video cam in mine.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
If I get challenged by a much faster car, I look like I'm going to take them on then pull off all safe and grown up while they roar off pointlessly into the distance. My favourites are when I'm at the lights on a dual carriageway in the left lane and some tool in a slow car pulls up on my right. They always get shown a very clean pair of heels just to make them look stupid ?.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
In a modified Cupra R? ?

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
To the point...
Another took off at the lights when I was in the Leon and stopped at the next ones 600 yds down the road for longer than I did? ?
Well done, hope your battery ran out before you go where you were going!! ?
Cheers, Victor. ?
Had a tesla up my arse on the way to alloa and then when i switched lanes he juat jumped into the lane i was in. Bell ends

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.