Too much torque?

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I've recently had the car rr'd and the torque was over 300 lb/ft.
Initially, I was pleased with the results but 'if' the figures are anywhere near accurate, I'm becoming a little concerned over this torque figure.
Should I be worried about the rods (they're standard)?
I'm now wondering if I should get the boost turned down a smidge as it hits 25psi which seems high. I know it's just a quick'ish peak but from what I've read on here that's what puts the most amount of strain on the rods. What sort of torque levels are safe, bearing in mind the way the turbo cuts in ie loads of boost/power all at once?

Car is running K03s.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
This is the graph from the rr............

AMDRRGraph.jpg

Power was 250 and torque was 307

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Woudlnt worry about it tbh. Dyno lottery.

Well I'm usually quite sceptical about these things too Phil, BUT a lot of the figures other cars were getting were there or thereabouts. Standard cars were getting book figures. I am trying to take it with a pinch of salt but it's got me thinking. Even if the figures were a little bit out, the torque is still high. I'm just thinking about the abrupt nature of the power delivery and the strain it's putting on the engine.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
nice figures mate what else you running to get them that high...:D

Cheers mate, it's got all the usual extra's: Forge FMIC, 3" downpipe with 100cel cat, Scorpion cat-back, Evoshield gasket, Forge TIP, Forge DV007P (yellow spring), CAI kit, N249 removal, all vac hoses replaced, Jabbasport remap, Jabbasport boost controller and a shitload of boost.
The figures do look good but the turbo's got to be working it's tits off. I can't see the turbo holding out for much longer tbh. I know there's some shaft play in it so a replacement is on the cards in the not too distant future. Just concerned about the rods if the figures are to be believed.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Yeah I could but then how would I know what one would be right and what one would be wrong. Essentially, I think the boost needs turning down a bit, just to play it safe. I might just get it booked in with Jabbasport to see if they can make some adjustments. My cars got one of their boost controllers fitted but the results on that graph was done on it's lowest setting :blink:
On the high setting it spikes like crazy, hitting 26-27psi. I don't use this setting, lol. Low boost is a much nicer drive and holds better through the rev range. Hopefully they'll be able to set the high boost to what is currently low boost and then low boost to something much much lower.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I can vouch for this car being quick, had a spin in it last week and it felt so much stronger that my revo stg2 ( bag of wank anyway), it pulled way harder than mine, so much so if i decide not to up my power i think ill change my map to jabba and add some WM.

The bhp cant be that far off as you said to me you have hit the 250`s a few times on different rollers, torque is high but only 20ft/lbs more than any of your others.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise