Topmount and HID questions

Apr 27, 2008
hello

firstly, iv got some coilovers and my mate will soon be fitting them to my cupra. While there getting fitted i'm going to change top mounts and bearing. iv been told that ibizas only have top mounts and bearing at the front of the car is this right?

secondly, i'm after fitting some HID's to my cupra (ones off ebay from diane-shop) but me mate who would be fitting them said there a pain to fit. is there a guide to fit them anywhere on here?

cheers :)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Yeah that's right, top mounts and bearings at the front. There are top mounts at the rear but it's highly unlikely that you'd need to change them.

For the HIDs have a look through St10587's readers ride thread. He came up with a really neat way of fitting them...loads of pics too.

Apr 27, 2008
thanks mate. thats really weird because i was just about to PM you about your exhaust :happy:

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
Wiring the HID kit is pretty easy, it's mounting the ballasts that's hard. Passenger side is easy but there is hardly any room on drivers side.
Putting them on the crash bar is a good idea but I couldn't do that as I have the headlamp washer jets in the bumper.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The diane-shop HID's are very easy to fit, the only PITA is having to remove the battery to get goos access to the passenger side light. Just plug and play realy.

P30-12-08_150201.jpg

P30-12-08_1502.jpg

P30-12-08_1506.jpg

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Don't have a pic of the drivers side do you? Already had one lot of sticky come off from the wing so a bracket would be good.

I'll try and get a picture tomorrow. Mine is a HIDs Direct kit, came with the sticky pads but also metal brackets that you can shape, so it's held on by one of the bolts that secures the wing.

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
I done the same as st10587 but instead of drilling the back lid of the fitting I drilled the bottom. Its was tighter to get in but you litterally have no way of seeing the cables ;)

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
I'll try and get a picture tomorrow. Mine is a HIDs Direct kit, came with the sticky pads but also metal brackets that you can shape, so it's held on by one of the bolts that secures the wing.

Thanks. I looked on your thread and notice you've got the petrol ibiza. I've got the TDI so got a massive fuel pump in the way. Need to try and move the fuel pump and cowling so I can attach it to the wing properly.

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
Thanks. That's helpful. Not too sure if there is enough room there in my bay (can't picture it) but will have a look when I get home.

Aimez

I done the same as st10587 but instead of drilling the back lid of the fitting I drilled the bottom. Its was tighter to get in but you litterally have no way of seeing the cables ;)

I think I will do this at some point I just drilled holes in the middle of the covers as everyone on here was doing didn't think about it. The lack od space is very frustration on the TDI mine look a mess really need to sort it out but they have been there for 2 years so have not been bothered!