Track suspension

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Basically im looking at getting some suspension more suited for track driving

Not paying 1k odd for KW and ive been looking at weitec coilovers.

On another note ive seen the H&R shock and spring setups availible, anybody used these?

Just wanting to know if theres some spring/shock combos which are better and more suited to what i want than coilovers

Drop will probably be 30-40mm

Obviously stiff would be the aim

Any suggestions?

Rest of my setup will be

25mm front Nuespeed arb
28mm rear Nuespeed arb
Vibra engine mounts
front lower and upper brace
Rear brace
Polybush for wishbones too

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Haha you read my mind, I was just looking at the H&R spring & shock setup as my weitec's are siezed and one of the shocks has gone (only a year old and done less that 5000 miles!!)

TBH a good set of springs and shocks will be just as good if not better than the midrange coilovers. Plus you really have to know what your doing to set up the suspension whereas with springs and shocks its all been designed with that in mind.

Once you introduce polybushes, braces and antiroll bars you should have a perfect setup good for road and track.

Chuck an LSD into the mix.. :yes:

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Yer my thoughts exactly

Ill be setting my suspension up for track use so im not too bothered about super lowness so i think im gonna go with a shock/spring setup maybe 40mm all round.

Should give clearance for some R888's then :)

And a diff is most certainly needed aswell ;)

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
No Im not after the super lows ( the H&R lowers 40front/50rear) just want a well setup car for fastroad/track use that looks oem

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Weitec were my original choice but for me coilovers wont be needed as i wont be changing ride hieght once set so if i can get as good or better with a shock/spring setup that would be good

Think h&r is what im going to go for now james

I want the same fast road but good for track use so 40/50 would be a decent ride hieght for that.

I have some 16s to wrap some beefy r888 on

Just noticed Ibiza125 uses h&r kit and r888s and looks a perfect stance

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
I have emailed weitec to see if they can do anything about my suspension, if not I will be after the H&R kit too.

Yours should handle really well once your done, just need to remove as much weight as possible, carbon bonnet, poly windows, carbon seats I could go on :p

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Yup hopefully

Weight saving will come, id want a second car as a runabout though before seats and weight saving etc happen

That reminds me i saw a thread on here a guy gauging interest in carbon tailgates for £550

EDIT: Actually hes got Bilstein/Eibach setup

Last edited:
May 25, 2008
cambs
I have a carbon bonnet that might be available if I can find a onvi replacement as it's not the look I'm going for now

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
I was thinking along the lines of carbon bonnet, boot, mirrors& bumpstrip, but all with a blue tint laquer.
If only money wasnt an option!

Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
Just read on awesome gti site about h&r cup kit it lowers the front by 50mm and the rear by 40 mm, I prefer the front to sit slightly lower than the rear anywhere :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2010
derbyshire
Nines on standard suspension all round and the back sits slightly lower than the front so a 50mm drop front and a 40mm drop at rear will adress this issue for me

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members