2022 Cupra Formentor fitted with Travel Assist

Completely error free, looking & operating as if factory fit. This is available for the Leon KL & Formentor KM

We also updated the infotainment system to the latest available version (Currently 1899) and recorded this against the vehicles build info.

We are offering this at two different prices, with the option of a used or new steering wheel

www.eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk

Attachments

• BNP_20221220_161755_7133883470555530115.jpg
    BNP_20221220_161755_7133883470555530115.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 471
  • PXL_20221220_112117063.jpg
    PXL_20221220_112117063.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 466
  • PXL_20221220_113222953.jpg
    PXL_20221220_113222953.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 466
  • PXL_20221220_113740653.jpg
    PXL_20221220_113740653.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 445
  • PXL_20221220_114704591.jpg
    PXL_20221220_114704591.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 445
  • PXL_20221220_114714782.jpg
    PXL_20221220_114714782.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 438
  • PXL_20221220_114721109.jpg
    PXL_20221220_114721109.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 445
  • PXL_20221220_120402121.jpg
    PXL_20221220_120402121.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 418
  • PXL_20221220_120625173.jpg
    PXL_20221220_120625173.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Reactions: serdar_18fr

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
When are they going to start to roll out ota update as still on 1896 and dealers just avoid updating now. As just say it’s not for my car yet!

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
When are they going to start to roll out ota update as still on 1896 and dealers just avoid updating now. As just say it’s not for my car yet!
Still on 1890 from new 9 months no update

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Still on 1890 from new 9 months no update

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Very difficult to get the dealer to update! You really have to push and I had to download the proof from erwin to get a the dealer to do it. Don’t know why they try their best to avoid it. Maybe don’t get paid enough from seat uk to update.

Very difficult to get the dealer to update! You really have to push and I had to download the proof from erwin to get a the dealer to do it. Don’t know why they try their best to avoid it. Maybe don’t get paid enough from seat uk to update.
They have to ensure that they fulfil all of the necessary criteria to be able to recover the costs from Seat under warranty

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
We also updated the infotainment system to the latest available version (Currently 1899) and recorded this against the vehicles build info.
Hi there,

"Recording the update against the vehicle's build info" part has attracted my attention.

I bought a '18 Leon FR in May 2021.
Since then, I retrofitted RVC, FrontAssist & ACC, all using the original parts.
My front lower grille, windscreen and steering column combo switch were replaced; radar, front camera and rear-view camera were installed.

I'd like to know if there's an official way to record these changes to my vehicle's build info so I could get those new parts replaced in case of an insurance claim. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Serdar

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022

Completely error free, looking & operating as if factory fit. This is available for the Leon KL & Formentor KM

We are offering this at two different prices, with the option of a used or new steering wheel

Will this break warranty or yearly maintenance at the service point will break this retrofit? Also, will this fit to my car? (I already sent my VIN before :) ) And, most importantly, can this be done remotely and at which price?

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022

That's a nice job but can you help me figure it out why I don't have this "Travel Assist" menu in my factory fitted Travel Assist. I bought a car with XL navi system package and it have all this steering buttons and everything and travel assist work but no option to change the sensitivity or something. Kinda weird.

That's a nice job but can you help me figure it out why I don't have this "Travel Assist" menu in my factory fitted Travel Assist. I bought a car with XL navi system package and it have all this steering buttons and everything and travel assist work but no option to change the sensitivity or something. Kinda weird.
My Formentor VZ2 didn't show this from the factory either, however I've gone a little further coding wise than it would've from the factory

Hi there,

"Recording the update against the vehicle's build info" part has attracted my attention.

I bought a '18 Leon FR in May 2021.
Since then, I retrofitted RVC, FrontAssist & ACC, all using the original parts.
My front lower grille, windscreen and steering column combo switch were replaced; radar, front camera and rear-view camera were installed.

I'd like to know if there's an official way to record these changes to my vehicle's build info so I could get those new parts replaced in case of an insurance claim. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Serdar
Unfortunately this is only possible with genuine retrofit kits as they include an SVM adaptation code. All software updates/adaptations carried out following guidance contained in TPIs are also recorded.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Unfortunately this is only possible with genuine retrofit kits as they include an SVM adaptation code. All software updates/adaptations carried out following guidance contained in TPIs are also recorded.

Thanks for the response.
The RVC that the authorized dealer installed in my car was a genuine kit which is available via Seat Accessories.
I think I can ask the dealer whether they had recorded it.
Now I wonder whether the front radar and camera were available through the dealers as kits.

Thanks for the response.
The RVC that the authorized dealer installed in my car was a genuine kit which is available via Seat Accessories.
I think I can ask the dealer whether they had recorded it.
Now I wonder whether the front radar and camera were available through the dealers as kits.
The reversing cameras Seat dealers install aren't usually genuine cameras that the cars would leake the factory with. They're "genuine accessories" which are Chinese 💩 which usually use unnecessary interface boxes and quadlock extensions so as such do not have am SVM action code included.

They would have used it if it did, to automatically carry out the necessary coding - this would have automatically updated the cars build sheet meaning you'd be able to see it when looking up the VIN

No, the radars and front cameras certainly aren't available as genuine kits...

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
The reversing cameras Seat dealers install aren't usually genuine cameras that the cars would leake the factory with. They're "genuine accessories" which are Chinese 💩 which usually use unnecessary interface boxes and quadlock extensions so as such do not have am SVM action code included.

They would have used it if it did, to automatically carry out the necessary coding - this would have automatically updated the cars build sheet meaning you'd be able to see it when looking up the VIN

No, the radars and front cameras certainly aren't available as genuine kits...

I ordered this kit using the part number 000054731E.
It arrived, and I opened the box that has label with a hologram on it, camera, wiring harness and installation instruction were inside the box.
I even helped the technicians in the dealer to complete the coding.
They were unsuccessfully trying to select Leon from the list, but actually they had to select Ateca for facelifted Leon.
I pointed that out and it worked.
Anyway, if this is not genuine, I don't know what is.
There was a third-party alternative which was almost three times cheaper, but I insisted on installing this one.

I ordered this kit using the part number 000054731E.
It arrived, and I opened the box that has label with a hologram on it, camera, wiring harness and installation instruction were inside the box.
I even helped the technicians in the dealer to complete the coding.
They were unsuccessfully trying to select Leon from the list, but actually they had to select Ateca for facelifted Leon.
I pointed that out and it worked.
Anyway, if this is not genuine, I don't know what is.
There was a third-party alternative which was almost three times cheaper, but I insisted on installing this one.
Yes this is a Chinese camera that seat offer as a genuine accessory for ease of installation by clueless dealer monkeys. It isn't a factory spec camera that any decent company would install

Genuine cameras don't use quadlock extensions or interface boxes. They connect directly to the infotainment system, and then a terminal is added in the fusebox. Genuine cameras require calibration too.
They also have an integrated washer jet

Here is a genuine camera

Notice the multiple views too

Feb 22, 2022
hi, I have a formentor my22 with XL, 12” and 1940 update; the car is equipped with all the adas available for this model, I activated the "travel assist" screen but unfortunately it is not possible to make the "lane change" work like on my23s; i compared the encoding of the long Coding of A5 between my my22 and a my23 and they are identical except for HC VARIANT; mine has the value 2 while my23 has the value 5. I encoded mine by entering the value 5 and the "LANE CHANGE" function appears on the "TRAVWL ASSIST" screen, but it is not selectable. my A5 unit has the final letter "C" while the my23 unit has the letter "D". Do you think there is a way to be able to make the new function work even on my my22 without having to replace the A5 unit and without having to encode it via ODIS?

hi, I have a formentor my22 with XL, 12” and 1940 update; the car is equipped with all the adas available for this model, I activated the "travel assist" screen but unfortunately it is not possible to make the "lane change" work like on my23s; i compared the encoding of the long Coding of A5 between my my22 and a my23 and they are identical except for HC VARIANT; mine has the value 2 while my23 has the value 5. I encoded mine by entering the value 5 and the "LANE CHANGE" function appears on the "TRAVWL ASSIST" screen, but it is not selectable. my A5 unit has the final letter "C" while the my23 unit has the letter "D". Do you think there is a way to be able to make the new function work even on my my22 without having to replace the A5 unit and without having to encode it via ODIS?
Requires correct software, coding & parameterisation

Last edited:
Reactions: djmartzian

Pepcox

May 2, 2023
Slovakia
Requires software & parameterisation
Does it require update only of 5WA 980 653 D or any other unit in order to make it work? I do have a same case in my car as mentioned above. The line change option is disabled but Im able to randomly see the option to change the lines on my screen :D It doesn't really works, looks glitchy and it is interrupted every time when it try to perform the manoeuvre. But it is interested that it sometimes appears even with the old C FW in the unit..

Feb 22, 2022
I activated the lane change function by replacing the HC VARIANT value of the A5 unit with the number 2 that I had by default with the number 5 as on my23. the TRAVEL ASISST screen has appeared but it won't let me select the specific "button", what did you do to get the function partially working?

Pepcox

May 2, 2023
Slovakia
I activated the lane change function by replacing the HC VARIANT value of the A5 unit with the number 2 that I had by default with the number 5 as on my23. the TRAVEL ASISST screen has appeared but it won't let me select the specific "button", what did you do to get the function partially working?
Same as you HC VARIANT set to 5. But it is so glitchy that on 200 km highway trip it appeared only about 3 times for a few seconds..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.