Trekkie's Leon Fr 1.4 tsi

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Hi guys, I'm Chris, 23, from Medway.
Hope this is welcome here (I'm new to forums)
Got myself a 61 plate Leon Fr last week and loving it!
I work at a car hire company and driven the 2.0 Fr's made me want one baaaad but budget meant I had to go with the 1.4tsi for now!
This will be my first toy car so excited to have a go making it my own!

This was it when I got it home-
13125008204_42c9cdefef_b.jpg
[/url]

Got some plans, mainly cosmetic at the moment as its still JUST under warrenty;
-Gloss black wing mirror caps (DONE - Curpa covers)
-Gloss black chrome badges and front grill (DONE - Curpra grill + wrapped badge)
-Vinyl wrap gloss black roof
-Gloss black front bumper lip and front + back valance (DONE - number plate surround and rear valance)
-Triple R front splitter
-Maybe BTCC spoiler
-Maybe Cupra B and C pillars (DONE - by cheating with wrap :p)
-Swap in some HID bulbs, front, fog and side (DONE - Osram night breakers)

Then later;
-K&N Air filter (DONE - but went with a PiperCross instead)
-Stage 1 Remap or Chip box???
-Remove mid silencer (DONE)

Any recommendations or advice would be brilliant and hugely welcome! As I said, this is my first toy, so kinda making it up as I go along :p

Thanks, looking forward to hopefully seeing some people at some meets!

Last edited:

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
First things first, wing mirror caps!
The silver Fr ones jut annoy me on white cars, IMO white and silver don't mix, but each to their own eh? So I popped them off with this brilliant guide;

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257870

Then attempted to vinyl wrap in gloss black... Yeh... Well a few tries later haha they came out pretty good! Nothing professional like but for £8 not too shabby until I can afford it. Persomally I think they look 100 times better in black, just set the car off nicely!

Last edited:

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Removed rear badges for wrapping today, while off decided to give her a good clean and wax :)

Didn't have time to finish the wrapping so left them off for now... I'm not usually a fan of de-badging but it does look a lot better than I thought, it's growing on me! Will probably spray the badges instead then decided whether to put them back on.

Opinions? Badge or De-badge? Probably a very big argument!

Last edited:

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Yes mate, I'm feeling the debadge a lot more than i thought need to wrap the "S" black tho.
would be interested to pick your brains actually haha
May have to PM you :p

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
I have the 100 pound k and n induction kit and it does sound nice and quite Lound with the lid off, I got this originally because I was keeping it oem lol then I joined this site and have probably spent a good couple of k, performance wise I have a filter, exhaust and currently a tuning box but that's due to having a remap then needing a new turbo under warranty (dodgy before map) and having to buy a new ECU to salvage the warranty ( remaps flash up instantly on dealer computers and are logged from when first connected e.g on a service)

Last edited:

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
Big weekend! Bought some nice new bits last week (Cupra black grill and black wing mirror caps and wind deflectors) delivered Friday, just in time for the weekend so fitted them all and bought some new shampoo and polish to set it all off!

Bought some white vinyl to mess around with, opinion as always, appreciated;

Wind deflectors fitted and new wing mirror caps (no more poorly wrapped vinyl) all cleaned and polished with my new bits;

Then fitted Cupra grill that wrapped the badge on;

New rear number plate LEDs- meant to be canbus free... But there not so still on the look out (any suggestions?) do like the look however and also wrapped rear badge;

Coming along nicely, I'm happy with it at least!
Next; new air filter, lower it and new wheels / powder coat these, save for remap :p
Any opinions or recommendations?

Last edited:

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
So birthday weekend the other weekend and treated myself to some small stuff... First stop was an early Saturday morning visit to 'Maidstone Exhaust Centre' and had my mid silencer removed. Loving the results! A much deeper note from the exhaust, not much louder just a lot nicer (NO rude boi chav here!) At £40 a great mod :p

Next was a Flyeye kit, did my front lights and fogs. Loved them to start with but not sure now... Opinions? I did find the light output slightly duller but was running standard bulbs, have since upgraded to Osrams (pics to come) and found it absolutely fine now!

Got some plasti-dip off fleabay, figured I'd do my front number plate surround, was easier than wrapping. Doesn't look too bad (used 4/5 coats of matt black followed by 3 coats of 'glossifier') also left my Fr badge in place haha lazy and thought it'd look cool. Will probably be re-doing it in wrap however for a glossier finish.

Was planning on plasti-dippkng my rear valance as well, but as the finish isn't as shiny as I'd hoped I drew out the wrap again, looks much better!

Found a good guide on here this morning of how to strip the C pillars (rear) without taking the door card apart. So... B and C pillars got wrapped too :p

Last edited:

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
New bulbs fitted over the weekend. Osram Night Breakers Unlimited H1 and H7 along with Philips Blue Vision Ultra W5W in the sides. A much nicer whiter look now and much better with the flyeye on the front. Both pics taken with the flash so you can see the colour (as I'm only using my old iPhone);

Before-

After-

Also fitted my new PiperCross filter, sounding lovely with the mid silencer removed too-

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Top car, some classy little mods

Any chance of uploading a sound clip of the exhaust?

Btw flyeyes look great. :thumb:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk