TT subframe bushes?

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
Does anyone know where can I get the Audi TT subframe bushes, apart from a main dealer!

Mine are shot and I get a horrible clunking sound, so I want to upgrade to the TT parts, which are stiffer.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I have just been fitting the MK1 TT roadster LCA rear bushes, these are only available from Audi at £15 each. You can also get poly flex ones for this point too

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
I have just been fitting the MK1 TT roadster LCA rear bushes, these are only available from Audi at £15 each. You can also get poly flex ones for this point too

Ah yes I have them already. I'm on about the subframe bushes that hold the subframe to the body. The subframe is what the LCAs are hanging off.

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
You got it, yep. The Audi TT type fit the Leon and MK4 Golf & probably A3. Search on here and you will find some others who have done it. I have been trawling the web for an outlet other than a stealers, but no luck:(

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I just had tt roadster subframe bushings and tt wishbone bushings fitted to my cupra, feels a lot tighter on the road now....I also had a powerflex steering rack bushing fitted.

Feels good so far but the alignment is off since fitting and need to get that sorted.

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
I just had tt roadster subframe bushings and tt wishbone bushings fitted to my cupra, feels a lot tighter on the road now....I also had a powerflex steering rack bushing fitted.

Feels good so far but the alignment is off since fitting and need to get that sorted.

It looks like a bugger of a job to change the bushes. I'm gona drop the whole subframe and change the steering rack as well, as there is some 'play' in the whole lot. It seems that since I have changed the ARB bushes and LCA bushes, other things are showing up! Car has done 120k miles now though!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
It looks like a bugger of a job to change the bushes. I'm gona drop the whole subframe and change the steering rack as well, as there is some 'play' in the whole lot. It seems that since I have changed the ARB bushes and LCA bushes, other things are showing up! Car has done 120k miles now though!
I have just dropped the sub frame of my car (LCR). If you check out my riders ride section, link in signature) you ill see what I did with pictures

jasengine

2.0L TDI
Oct 29, 2007
Wiltshire
I have just dropped the sub frame of my car (LCR). If you check out my riders ride section, link in signature) you ill see what I did with pictures

Looks like you've been busy! I take it you had to get everything realigned afterwards, but you have the LCR, which has a bit more proper adjustment than the 110TDI setup.

I need to find someone who is gona do a proper allignment afterwards in my neck of the woods! I wouldn't take mine to a main dealer round here!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The cars still in bits just now but it will be properly aligned with 4 wheel alignment. No point in doing all the right changes then not setting the alignment up

sabredylan

Does anyone know where can I get the Audi TT subframe bushes, apart from a main dealer!

Mine are shot and I get a horrible clunking sound, so I want to upgrade to the TT parts, which are stiffer.

You can get them from vagparts. They are solid metal and do make a difference. The TT roadster are the ones you want and you can get brace bars that can be welded on the back of the subframe. Realy stiffens the subframe, with no increase in noise etc.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You can get them from vagparts. They are solid metal and do make a difference. The TT roadster are the ones you want and you can get brace bars that can be welded on the back of the subframe. Realy stiffens the subframe, with no increase in noise etc.
I have read alot about this bracing on VW Vortex, I had planned to do my own version of this this time but will wait to see how the car feels with the current set up first