tuan21

My Cupra, my life style
Feb 24, 2011
Italy
Up to now engine very easy works:

Revo stage2
Full exhaust by Mach3
P-FLOW Intake

but my money was spent best for setup this year..

We transform B14 (previuos mounted in 2011) in B16 and we put a 100kg spring (red) + an helper spring that ensure a very good traction. Also we work on important angles
Very high lowering, especially of the rear axle. the car is 7mm higher on the front

Also mounted OZ superturismo wheels with michelin pilot sport cup

thess works just to have a trackday CupraR.... next 20 August at the Nurburgring we will see the results :D

HERE PREVIOUS THREAD
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4116354#post4116354

Last edited:

tuan21

My Cupra, my life style
Feb 24, 2011
Italy
STAGE 1 DYNO

487409_4621542338247_383551073_n.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Very nice - red is the best colour! Set of side skirts would finish that off nicely.

PS - photos in the first post dont work.

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
hey Tuan,
really need your help as you seem to be the only guy with Bilstein B14 Coilovers,
My question is, Would a normal set of B14 go as low as your car in the photos? because you mentioned yours is modified, I would like to purchase the same and im afraid they wont go low on the Cupra.
Also, How would you rate them in terms of ride and performance?

Cheers

tuan21

My Cupra, my life style
Feb 24, 2011
Italy
Well mate, really happy to help you!

Once upon a time my coilovers are B14, now are really different and near to B16 but I can say to you that you can reach the same lowering with original B14 yes!!!

But mind, it's very important! with car lowered like in the foto ride will become really bad for comfort!! this because rubber stopper are too long, you have ti cut them (this is my expereince)

Also performance will be not so good as we can expect bacause lowering car so much will change the important angles of the car and the car will understeer a lot :cry:

So if you want a low car with performance you have to change other things to make angles good again. B14 are an excellent base for it.

Hope my english was good and clear

any other question is welcome

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Well mate, really happy to help you!

Once upon a time my coilovers are B14, now are really different and near to B16 but I can say to you that you can reach the same lowering with original B14 yes!!!

But mind, it's very important! with car lowered like in the foto ride will become really bad for comfort!! this because rubber stopper are too long, you have ti cut them (this is my expereince)

Also performance will be not so good as we can expect bacause lowering car so much will change the important angles of the car and the car will understeer a lot :cry:

So if you want a low car with performance you have to change other things to make angles good again. B14 are an excellent base for it.

Hope my english was good and clear

any other question is welcome

Thanks for the feedback bro,
Im still between these, the Eibach street pro s and the KW V1.. drove a friends cupra on V1 and it was comfortable and performed very well at the same time! the Kw V1's go really low without running any issues

tuan21

My Cupra, my life style
Feb 24, 2011
Italy
[M]ike;4324716 said:
Nice R there Tuan. Did you whrap the front bumper yourself? I wan to do the same, think I might give it a try myself.

You can do it in a very easy way with plastidip! :clap:

looking forward to show to my UK mates my R with splitter :lol:

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Plastidip! Thats actualy a damn good idea. Didnt think about that.

With your splitter fitted, do you have plans on getting some side skirts also? Think the lines of the car from the side would look better with them. At least thats how I would do it. But wil look great anyway :)

tuan21

My Cupra, my life style
Feb 24, 2011
Italy
Truly i think not to mount sideskirts... I'm gree with you but I would like to let the car quite :D

Now I'm just waiting the splitter, hope to mount it during holidays!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members