Tuning experts please...mistery power loss with logs and graphs

Apr 12, 2008
I am so unlucky with this 1.8t :(
So..low mileage swapped AGU engine in 2005 Leon with 2005 ECU and VVT.
So, later i will post logs and graph...
Facts:
Stage 2 map
Forge fmic
Forge TIP
new k03s
76mm exgaust and downpipe

Got 175 hp and after 5500 massice drop in power.
Actual boost is the same as requested, no boost leaks
Fueling is perfect, from 14.7 to 11.5 on redline, enough fuel
MAF reading peak at 185,190 g/s
But power is very low, around 175 hp, so less than standard Leon...
Nobody has any idea wtf is going on..
What if i have worn out camshafts?
I tried a dyno run with vvt connected, and then dissconnected...graph is the same...

Only error i get on vag com is about secondary air injection incorrect flow because i removed it.

So there is a misterious loss of 40 bhp :(

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2008
Thank you.
I will make 115 and 118 logs and post them..any other log?
I do belive that all the logs are perfect, unfortunatley :(

Apr 12, 2008
So, i did some logging today...

My boost is just a bit lower, but it is very hot today, and i did weaken actuator nut a little bit, when i tighten it to its original place boost will be spot on, but it doesnt change a thing.

I also need to use my friends boost gauge, mine is maybe reading wrong, but on every 1.8t i saw, idle was always -0.8 bar, no exception. On mine it is -0.9.
And on idle throttle plate is at 0% wich is also weird...

free image service

Adam4D

Oct 2, 2011
peterborough/cambridgeshire
You have no timing at the top that's why your loosing power, looking at it your actually dropping timing over 5500 for no reason not even cf's, I'd suspect the software is at fault before you do anything more

Apr 12, 2008
Thank you for your help, another Adam gave mi some good info on another forum :)
Well..this is a map for another leon wich made 209 hp.
I had my custom map uploada, still the same
Standard map was uploaded, still same...
Is it possible that there is something mechanicaly wrong with my camshafts, vvt, cam chain?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
So, i did some logging today...

My boost is just a bit lower, but it is very hot today, and i did weaken actuator nut a little bit, when i tighten it to its original place boost will be spot on, but it doesnt change a thing.

I also need to use my friends boost gauge, mine is maybe reading wrong, but on every 1.8t i saw, idle was always -0.8 bar, no exception. On mine it is -0.9.
And on idle throttle plate is at 0% wich is also weird...

quick look, first glance your injectors are maxed out on duty cycles.
yours a k03s LC180 yes?
seems slow to get going spool wise despite n75 being 95% not getting boost until 3krpm..
lazy/slack/loose actuator.

blocks to logs imho:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2008
Yeah, k03s, originaly AUQ, but last owner put AGU engine, brand new k03s but left all electronic from AUQ...so it is wideband, had electric TB, VVT inside AGU head and so on.
Ok...i am going to log it now and report back, thank you!

Apr 12, 2008
Here are the logs...i need to adjust my actuator a little more..
Ive put an extrenal spring on it and and unwound those nuts to maybe 7,8 turns from the beggining of the rod.

This is also, i think, the first time i ever got some timing retarded in block 20..
I guess it is because its very hot...
Also, if needed, i do have both of my maps on my pc and i can upload a map on my ecu, but we dont have a dyno near my city..

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2008
Thanx for your reply, you are 3rd person suspecting that my map is not good.
But i had identical dyno graphs with 2 different maps, 1 was custom and 2nd one was from another leon who made 209 hp...
I understand that no engine is the same, but at 5500 i do have almost 180g on MAF, a bit over 1 bar of boost and producing only 175 hp? Not to mention at 6000 rpm with almost the same MAF readings, and a little less boost i get only 150 hp?
150 hp readings would be around 120g on MAF, and 0,5 or 0,6 bar of boost...

Last edited: