Ugh, chavs...Rear Wiper, umm, removed.

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
Yeah, some chavs from the college up the road from me have decided it'd be fun to rip the entire rear wiper arm from the back of my car.

All that's left is a hook and the motor, it still moves, but I'm not sure how "attached" the bit left is to said motor - any idea what parts I'm going to need to replace it? I'll get photos tomorrow if I can.

I hate chavs. [:@]

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
+1

3620660456_599b8e1876_b.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
Or an excuse to remove the whole thing.

Very much considered to be honest. Once the car's moving forward rear screen is of minimal importance :p

So, as I'm guessing that'd be the cheaper option, what parts do I need for it? What diameter grommet etc? I know you'll all warn me about breaking clips, but the same was said for everything I've dismantled...without breaking it :p

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
cheers mate

u might like this one aswell lol

3611373609_644758651d_b.jpg

taken by a great photographer at bristol volksfest and hes learning as he takes the shots.

:drool: that's just a mean picture man!

gutted to hear about your wiper matey.... as before a nice chance to get a better one or remove completely.

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
I'm kind of glad it came off, else they probably would've taken then whole window out -_-

Probably will de-wiper. Anyone know where I can get a glass blank?

dub_dan

****ing little scum bags, your lucky they only did that did you catch them.

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
****ing little scum bags, your lucky they only did that did you catch them.

Don't get me started, there's scratches in the door, 5 stacked on each other, stone dents from stones being thrown on the rear quarter, both sides of my back bumper scuffed from people rubbing their shitty toyota avensis'/400 year old honda civics/cars in maroon and dark green generally on it, scuff on the front bumper from a buggy or trolley or something, the list goes on.

I've even had my plastic wheel trims nicked a couple of times. Car's had a hard life in the year I've had it [:@]

Is that pic of a golf? Looks very similar to mine, just the badge is round? Thanks anyway, know what I'm looking for, now to price hunt.

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Yeah, some chavs from the college up the road from me have decided it'd be fun to rip the entire rear wiper arm from the back of my car.

All that's left is a hook and the motor, it still moves, but I'm not sure how "attached" the bit left is to said motor - any idea what parts I'm going to need to replace it? I'll get photos tomorrow if I can.

I hate chavs. [:@]

sorry to hear that mate feel for you! 2 years ago a 17 tear old walked down our road and ripped 50 rear number plates off (including my wifes ibiza) the police got him in the act slap on the wrist for him and when I inquired could I have my number plate back the police said no we need it for evidence so I said can I drive the car down to the motor factors and get a new one and they said you will be nicked if caught sir :blink:> The only thing to come out of it was they released his address to a solicitor mate of mine for "private" prosecution and he got lots of that:cartman:

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
is there a way of de-wipering without it being so permanent e.g. instead of sealing up the water hose like removing a fuse for the rear wiper?

bizzaboy

is there a way of de-wipering without it being so permanent e.g. instead of sealing up the water hose like removing a fuse for the rear wiper?

You can re-fit the rear wiper/motor assembly in 10 minutes if you wanted (from being de-wipered), so it's very straightforward, ie if you later sold the car and wanted it back on.

However the water pipe is inclined to leak when pulled off the Motor when you remove it, therefore as an alternative to putty, you could just seal the end of the pipe with tape / a small screw, or anything just to stick into the end of the pipe to stop water dripping out. ;)

Putty is the most efficient though (as used by plumbers for sealing water/holes). :) It still can be pulled off the end when required, opening the pipe again for fitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.