Undetectable Remap????

Ranj

Having looked through this and other forums, I get the distinct inmpression that no ECU remap is udetectable, but the guys who are coming to do my tDI 110 tomorrow are adamant theres is, this is what they say:

"Our remaps are undetectable due to us having the Vag-Com. Vag-Com is the main dealer software that allows us to look for error codes or DTC's. These DTC's are what allows the dealers to see what is wrong with the car if a all. When the car has been remapped there are a few common DTC's that appear as an intermittent signal being registered. All this is, is when we write the file onto the ecu the signal at some stage will stop to write new information to some engine controllers thus registering an intermittent signal every works fine it just gets logged.

So by removing the DTC's and not having flash counters there is no way of telling other than them driving the car and feeling that it is different but then the response to that is "well it has always been like that". The proof is we have dealers that we remap cars for and we have said pick any car on the forecourt we'll remap it see if you can find. The end result is we get a referral service and 9 times out of 10 the main dealer person has their car remapped as well."

Can anyone confirm this?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
they're liars.

"Vag-Com is the main dealer software that allows us to look for error codes or DTC's"

That proves it.

Cupra_Mark

Jun 15, 2006
South Wales
DPJ said:
Judging by the standard of their English, they also ceased attending school at an early age..............

Yes my dog can write better sentences than that - and he is dyslecic! hooof, hooof hooof! :D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
DPJ said:
Judging by the standard of their English, they also ceased attending school at an early age..............

are you presuming their native language is English?

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
Read the statement in a 'Borat off of Ali-G' voice and it makes perfect sense.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Ranj said:
Having looked through this and other forums, I get the distinct inmpression that no ECU remap is udetectable, but the guys who are coming to do my tDI 110 tomorrow are adamant theres is, this is what they say:

"Our remaps are undetectable due to us having the Vag-Com. Vag-Com is the main dealer software that allows us to look for error codes or DTC's. These DTC's are what allows the dealers to see what is wrong with the car if a all. When the car has been remapped there are a few common DTC's that appear as an intermittent signal being registered. All this is, is when we write the file onto the ecu the signal at some stage will stop to write new information to some engine controllers thus registering an intermittent signal every works fine it just gets logged.

So by removing the DTC's and not having flash counters there is no way of telling other than them driving the car and feeling that it is different but then the response to that is "well it has always been like that". The proof is we have dealers that we remap cars for and we have said pick any car on the forecourt we'll remap it see if you can find. The end result is we get a referral service and 9 times out of 10 the main dealer person has their car remapped as well."

Can anyone confirm this?

I could remap your car without leaving any trace on the ECU.

Couldn't guarantee it would go faster tho :bleh:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.