unlocked and all windows went down!?!

PolizeiYT

Morning all,

Yesterday twice on leaving the car I did my normal "unlock then lock' on my remote to auto fold my mirrors and auto up my windows....

But twice I realised I'd forgotten something so unlocked within a couple of seconds and all my windows went down but the doors stayed locked.

I managed this when I first picked the car up, was mentioned that it was something to do with valet mode??

My 2 year old son had been messing with my keys:clap:, has he enabled something??

Best,

Whitey :confused:

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
:lol::lol::lol:pmsl i was going to try this but it seams peoples car have different fuctions

PolizeiYT

oh go on, give in to it......

Go out side and give it a go lol:p

Make sure the ignition has been on, close the door, unlock, lock on the remote, then within 10 seconds unlock again, opps down go the windows.

I'm off out in an hour, I'll try it again (maybe its a Friday thing).

Whitey

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
what m0rk said sounds likely. Its a ecu module that can be bought for about £30 on a dongle that flashes it onto your ecu, only with that you have to hold the button down while they open/close

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
yeah i would like to know if that is standard ? or easy to install to get ur mirrors closing automaticly with the key;s

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
www.autowindow.com said:
AutoWindow Reflex is designed specifically for cars with exterior folding mirrors, as featured on SEAT Leon Cupra R and high-line VW Golf / Bora. Reflex has remote mirror folding and remote window commands all in one package! Integrated control lets you do things like press one button (LOCK) to: lock and arm and fold mirrors and roll up windows and close sunroof when leaving the car. Never forget to fold mirrors again! Unlocking commands unfold mirrors so the car is ready to drive when you get inside. With different Reflex commands you choose to control locks only, or locks and mirrors, or locks and mirrors and windows! The interior folding switch retains its function so it may be used for un/folding as well.

That won't do the folding mirrors though. :(

It does if you get the reflex model :yes: provided you already have electric folding mirrors of course.

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
I know that if i put the key in the drivers side door lock and unlock it but hold it in the unlocked position, all of the windows go down, to get them to go up, just hold it in the locked position.

PolizeiYT

Sounds like either the Autowindows box is installed

WINNER! :clap:

Yepp looks like I've the Reflex version, been outside and checked all of the functions.
Thank you all for the help!!

Best,

Whitey

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.