• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 24, 2026
4
1
Hi All
I have a raval v1 running 6.0.1 now and would like to upgrade my iPhone 17E or Apple Watch 5 as they can only open and drive by touching door handle and putting in cradle.
I have tested with a iPhone 16 and it open as I approach the car so all good but do not have a new Apple Watch to test.Has anyone used a Apple Watch to open and drive on approach if so I would rather upgrade watch as its getting old now.
I understand they need a UWB transmitter built and unfortunately the 17E does not just my luck.
I didn’t have the option of second key as it was a stock vehicle.
Thanks.
 
To open as you approach device requires UWB if you have that the device will unlock it. My Samsung S25 does not have UWB, I have a Galaxy Watch 8 though but have not tried that yet but sure that does not have UWB either. However, I did not think you could use a watch to unlock the car due to security concerns?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pmac16
I wonder if the NFC opening option would be possible with smart watch without UWB support, would be quite handy and avoids the "opens when just walking by the car in the garage issue" with UWB. I'm not holding my breath it's supported on Wear OS though eventhough there's the wallet app / payment support there too.
 
I can confirm you can open and drive with an Apple Watch Series 5 using the NFC option if you add it to your wallet.
Just hold the face against the drives door handle but getting the watch on your wrist into the phone charger slot is the hard part. You need to slide it off keeping two fingers on the back then lay it face down until car powers up.
The phone work the same way just lay it in the holder.
I have ordered a refurbished series 10 so hoping it works like the phone with UWB just walk up get in and drive.
I have set it up a iPhone 15 and that also has buttons under the card in wallet you can use.
Dealers are estimating £450 for spare key and company I have phone on line cannot make a spare yet as to new.
My watch is getting old so thought I would update that first .
Will report back when I get it set up.
 
I can confirm you can open and drive with an Apple Watch Series 5 using the NFC option if you add it to your wallet.
Just hold the face against the drives door handle but getting the watch on your wrist into the phone charger slot is the hard part. You need to slide it off keeping two fingers on the back then lay it face down until car powers up.
The phone work the same way just lay it in the holder.
I have ordered a refurbished series 10 so hoping it works like the phone with UWB just walk up get in and drive.
I have set it up a iPhone 15 and that also has buttons under the card in wallet you can use.
Dealers are estimating £450 for spare key and company I have phone on line cannot make a spare yet as to new.
My watch is getting old so thought I would update that first .
Will report back when I get it set up.
It's unlikely you'll see anybody offering third party keys for 5+ years, if not considerably longer

£450 is cheaper than losing all of your keys and having to fork out for a new BCM + a pair of keys