up the power

bling bling

hi guys i have a ibiza cupra thats been to jabbamotorsport and its last dyno was 230bhp
with a live map turbo back exhaust and induction kit
since then its has a ko3s fitted by jabba but there was no dyno print out :confused:
boost is set at 1.5bar goes like **** so i am gessin its got 250ish
what would i need to get to 300bhp :think::help:

bling bling

thats the graph from them i think its a hybrid turbo not standard
i am new to seats
skyline owner in the past 0.8bar boost 300bhp no prob:lol:
1.5bar on this seat seems a lot so if you think its less power then that i am:confused:
180 standard with i take it 0.7bar boost
then modd it full exhaust induction kit should be 10-15bhp gain then a good map and a lot more boost it would make it right in my eyes plus the graph from jabba

bling bling

last dyno in 07 was 207.8 bhp at the wheels
227.6 at the engine
torque 248.0
i had a good look in the history and that was the dyno with that ko3s fitted and supplyed
by jabbasport cost £400 and a 4 bar pressure reg with a live map
so it has 230bhp as is
so how do i get it up to 300 or near
i do not the clutch and flywheel are upgraded to

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
last dyno in 07 was 207.8 bhp at the wheels
227.6 at the engine
torque 248.0
i had a good look in the history and that was the dyno with that ko3s fitted and supplyed
by jabbasport cost £400 and a 4 bar pressure reg with a live map
so it has 230bhp as is
so how do i get it up to 300 or near
i do not the clutch and flywheel are upgraded to

you need to be looking at the k03 hybrid setup to get a 280bhp mark,

bling bling

and what is needed mate
i no the turbo but will the injectors need doing anything else

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
As above, badger5 section, CRTurbos KO3Hybrid thread. Full break down of everything needed. Almost went this route myself until recently. Think its still a class setup to get down. 279bhp'ish in a small light weight ibiza will fly!

Have a search mate, been covered abit now ;) Best of luck:)

bling bling

mmmmm £2600 for 70ish more bhp dont think i will be doing that :wtf:
at the end of the day i payed 3k for the car
so i dont see £2600is worth it for 70bhp i would have to be mad to spend that:lol:

bling bling

i no mate but i dont keep my cars for years so i would never see it back
still only get 3500 with all them modds to
i mite look out for some sh bits
my father inlaw just got a ihi vf34 £150 for his scooby i should of had that for mine:cry:

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
mmmmm £2600 for 70ish more bhp dont think i will be doing that :wtf:
at the end of the day i payed 3k for the car
so i dont see £2600is worth it for 70bhp i would have to be mad to spend that:lol:

Depends what you have already.. i went from k03s to hybrid...cost £1100 region.

to get more power.. ihi ect.. isnt it 4k + to get 320-340bhp?

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Depends where you get the parts, realistically you can pick up an IHI for penuts if you know where to
look, If you can weld the exhaust flange etc yourself then really you're only looking at a custom
manifold/intake pipe then injecotrs and a custom map. Could be done for waaaaaaaay less than
4k. Depends if you do the work yourself as well.

Mate of mine still has an IHI lying around off his old scooby which he said I could have for £50 LOL,
in the back of my mind I keep thinking that at some point in the future I'll do it but no plans as of
yet.

Wonder if anyone on here has done it on a budget?

Emlyn

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Depends where you get the parts, realistically you can pick up an IHI for penuts if you know where to
look, If you can weld the exhaust flange etc yourself then really you're only looking at a custom
manifold/intake pipe then injecotrs and a custom map. Could be done for waaaaaaaay less than
4k. Depends if you do the work yourself as well.

Emlyn

Standard car to IHI would be well on its way to £4k. It does depend where you get the parts but your mates £50 one off his scooby isnt exactly like a brand new one with warranty that a company will sell you. If you can weld than you might be able to do a dp and mani but it would probably be better to buy of the shelf items you know will fit as its very tight.

Off your list you missed out custom oil and coolant lines, fuel pump, turbo outlet to intercooler boost pipe, uprated dv, 3inch maf, filter to suit 3 inch maf. That would be to just get it to fit. To use it you would also need engine mounts, uprated intercooler, uprated cat back exhaust and uprated brakes. Even used you'd still be talking a good chunk of money and not peanuts at all.

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Well I certainly wouldn't get a brand new turbo with waranty, don;t see the problem with a fairly
low mileage used one. Also I'm assuming the car is already modified as 90% of cupras are.
For example, the guy who started the thread. Most of the bits I didnt mention are on most cupas
anyway. Fair enough, 3" filter/MAF etc.

Obviously if you don't mind buying everything off the shelf then fair play, will be more straight
forward job for sure. If you don't mind going to small local places and sourcing the parts/fabricating them
individually then you'll save a lot thats all.

I was just thinking how much it would cost me if I were to do it now from my current spec and
doesn't seem that bad tbh.

Didn't mean to P*ss you off

Emlyn

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
You didnt piss me off at all. Yes some parts can be got cheap and others can be fabricated if you have the knowledge and know how but for those parts such as mani its still better to buy one that make one. Even from a fully modified cupra you still need things that arent considered until you get up to the 280+bhp figures and other parts to make your current mods fit with whatever new big turbo route you choose.