Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Has the seller confirmed it works with your navigation? If so and it doesn't work then you can send it back opened ;)

santi

Sep 5, 2015
Preston
Has the seller confirmed it works with your navigation? If so and it doesn't work then you can send it back opened ;)
No they said in the ad I should check with my dealer. But my local dealer didn't wanna know and wouldn't tell me!! But cos the auction was ending I just went for it and won it. Then contacted another seat dealer near by and they said it wouldn't, so this is where is where I'm at.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

santi

Sep 5, 2015
Preston
Can anyone help me before i have to to send this SD card back?? I'm dying to open it up and try it but I just don't know if it will work!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
sd card need to be coded to your unit when you open the package on left side is booklet with required codes i am afraid you need to visit seat dealer with this

Last edited:

rvandlik

Feb 5, 2015
I thought I'd share my results for anyone interested.

First off the car details to help people decide if this will work for them;
UK 65 Plate (MY16) Leon ST 2.0 TDI FR Tech Pack
with MIB2 Media System Plus Navi (not High), hardware H24, firmware 0245 nav DB 6PO, V430 maps on what appears to be a SEAT badged Lexar 16GB SD card.

I downloaded the full EU1 0730 maps from here:

h*t*t*p://w*w*w.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/-/-/-/View-Promo?cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&Page=SEAT_Leon_Standard_2&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&HideCrumb=true

I backed up and deleted the map files from my original V430 card and extracted the contents of the 0730 download to the root of the original SD card and tried it in the car.

As expected this did not work as, being in the UK, I do not have map care.

I then followed exciter's suggestion and replaced the 0730 maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS with the original file from my V430 card.

This appears to work in the car. I've only run it for around ten minutes, inputting multiple destinations in a variety of different ways. So far it has worked without any restarts or other issues. It is noticeably quicker at route calculation and I will post an update after I've used it for a while or if I run into any issues.

I also tried the above steps using a Sandisk 32GB SD card I had lying around. This was not recognised at all by the car, though I did not try changing the cards CID as suggested by exciter.

Hopefully that helps some folks in the UK. It's quite hard reading this thread to find out which solutions work for what hardware/software/country combinations.

Did exactly the same here, works just fine. No Mapcare in my country.

Tell

Staff member
Did exactly the same here, works just fine. No Mapcare in my country.

Are you and other people who have done this getting stability in the satnav long term from reboots since that seemed to be mentioned earlier on but not again ?. Perhaps that was some other issue down to cloning the card, then that process was changed to using the existing card and the file adjustment.

The VW Discovery Pro MIB2 units, the ones with the maps on the SSDs and wifi apparently can by telnetted too. There is stuff by Chillout on the XDA Developers Connected car board. Wondering whether to master Telnet, port 23 and go looking for that file. Angels fear to tread and all that. The Seat navigation plus unit has wifi and is effectively the Discovery Pro Mib2.

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
I thought I'd share my results for anyone interested.
Hopefully that helps some folks in the UK. It's quite hard reading this thread to find out which solutions work for what hardware/software/country combinations.

Seems to work perfectly except that if I try to select any of my old Stored Destinations it comes up with a "Route calculation failed. No navigation data available for the route".

Re-entering the postcode or whatever seems to work normally so I maybe need to re-enter all my stored destinations.

Has anyone else seen this please?

Last edited:

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
Ah, I should have googled wider first.
It seems that the 0730 maps lost the requirement for a space in the postcode - so any postcode derived stored destinations will fail..
w w w.briskoda.net/forums/topic/418712-satnav-favourites-not-working-following-update/

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks.

I haven't managed to Telnet into my plus unit on port 23, wouldn't let me. So any SSD users out there feel free to try to access the files on the system. Still researching it, might be in for the long haul. I think there in lays the solution to lift that file out and follow the stages reported if your maps aren't SD based.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thanks.

I haven't managed to Telnet into my plus unit on port 23, wouldn't let me. So any SSD users out there feel free to try to access the files on the system. Still researching it, might be in for the long haul. I think there in lays the solution to lift that file out and follow the stages reported if your maps aren't SD based.

I'd be very interested in this as well but don't have the technical knowledge, although I have managed to retrieve files from 'striped' hard drives. I wonder if the SSD is easily user accessible?

Tell

Staff member
Two issues as far as the Plus unit is concerned. The Android app network scanner doesn't reveal any open wifi ports so no Telnet possible. More intriguing that file which is copied to the SD card doesn't feature on the SSD map update software. So hmmm.

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
I have just been reading through this thread and could someone please clarify for me please?

I have a MY16 Leon that was pre registered 1st march this year by the dealers and I bought 5weeks ago with software version 6P0919866H 0635 ECE1 2016/17 SHIELD 2016-03 (build 020).

The card in the slot is Europa 1 (v3)

Is this the most up to date data and software?

My car was delayed coming to me to have updates and full link installed.

From what I have read on here some of the versions are up to V7 and a higher number than 0635

Tell

Staff member
I have just been reading through this thread and could someone please clarify for me please?

I have a MY16 Leon that was pre registered 1st march this year by the dealers and I bought 5weeks ago with software version 6P0919866H 0635 ECE1 2016/17 SHIELD 2016-03 (build 020).

The card in the slot is Europa 1 (v3)

Is this the most up to date data and software?

My car was delayed coming to me to have updates and full link installed.

From what I have read on here some of the versions are up to V7 and a higher number than 0635

You are on this link if you had Mapcare

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...nName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&HideCrumb=true

So the next series is 0730 and they would have 2017/18 in them they came out in November 2016 if my memory serves me correct. Being talked about in post 547

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4707561

Probably the dealer or someone along the line popped in the card you got which wasn't the most recent. They might have had a supply issue.

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
You are on this link if you had Mapcare

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...nName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&HideCrumb=true

So the next series is 0730 and they would have 2017/18 in them they came out in November 2016 if my memory serves me correct. Being talked about in post 547

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4707561

Probably the dealer or someone along the line popped in the card you got which wasn't the most recent. They might have had a supply issue.

Thanks for the reply Tell. I think I'm going to pop in tomorrow to find out what the deal is... I had to wait 3 day for the car to be booked into the garage to pair the card to the car. Is this right? If so I can't believe they would have just stuck any old card in there.

So would the software and SD card possibly be the originals the car was built with? Is there a way to find out the build date of my car?

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Two issues as far as the Plus unit is concerned. The Android app network scanner doesn't reveal any open wifi ports so no Telnet possible. More intriguing that file which is copied to the SD card doesn't feature on the SSD map update software. So hmmm.

I'm tempted to see if the SSD is removable and whether it can be connected to a computer.

Tell

Staff member
I'm tempted to see if the SSD is removable and whether it can be connected to a computer.

People have connected the other units up. There is a suggested idea that if you knew what you were doing with QNX you could slip an SD card in that opened it up.

Better still Seat UK could just sell Mapcare like in Euope for €100 covering three years, six updates and stop messing about with built in redundancy.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.