Upholstery Cleaning - Water Marks on Seats?

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
God only knows how this has happened, but I appear to have what I can only believe to be water staining on my drivers seat :(.

Doesn't smell of anything else (thank god!) so I figure I might have left the window open a touch by accident, or some snow melted on it, or something.

anyway, anyone got any ideas how to remove it? recommended seat shampoo, that kind of thing?

Much appreciated!!

fellowsuk

Apr 2, 2008
Sunny Wolverhampton!
God only knows how this has happened, but I appear to have what I can only believe to be water staining on my drivers seat :(.

Doesn't smell of anything else (thank god!) so I figure I might have left the window open a touch by accident, or some snow melted on it, or something.

anyway, anyone got any ideas how to remove it? recommended seat shampoo, that kind of thing?

Much appreciated!!

the little circle marks?

glad you posted this ive got the same problem,must have been when snow fell in when opening windows and doors.

but i have no idea how to sort it other than upholstry cleaner!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I've had the same thing!!!!!!! Just used Autoglym upholstrey cleaner. It was snow melting on the seat when i had opened the wondow in the worst of the weather

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I have had this problem on so may cars with cloth seats all you can do is cleane the entire seat if you try to do just a small area you will be left with watermarks again.

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I have had this problem on so may cars with cloth seats all you can do is cleane the entire seat if you try to do just a small area you will be left with watermarks again.

Ive found that too.. Think its something to do with the dye..

Washing the whole seat works well, I use Autoglym like BIGG - just spray it on, leave for a minute or so then wipe well with a slightly damp teatowel..

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
My wife has a renault megane cc always has water mark stains do to the fact that when you open the door the water around the seals fall in and lands on the seat, clean the seats when I see a stain I use Vanish carpet and upholstery cleaner, been using this on her car for over 3 years now, and seat still like new.
Used this on my ex Ibiza and works great, do the whole pannel not just the stain. Just cleaned all my seats on my leon and looks like new, alway test a small part first. cost around £4 from super market.

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
I had this too. Used an aerosol foam upholstry cleaner and clen the whole area. Done mine twice and came up great!

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
Thanks guys, hopefully that'll solve the problem then!

I'll get hold of some when I get the chance!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise