Uprated Bottom Engine Steady (Torque Mount)

racingmcfly225

Hi

I have been looking for an uprated bottom engine steady/gearbox steady mount as my engine seems to have alot of play in it. I could just replace with a standard mount as mine looks a bit worn but was wondering if there are any other options out there. I found that Vibra Technics do one but I have heard that this can give excessive vibrations, especially on a Tdi. Are there any other options out there. I know there are lots for the MK4 golfs but can't find many for the Ibiza

Mar 8, 2007
Apparantly the vibrations from uprated dogbone mounts are awful on the TDI.

I'd be tempted just to get a new OEM one and fill the voids with silicone sealer.

orange

Jun 9, 2006
I know its a good price, and I believe you guys have all the parts over there in Uk without knowing it...

I will order it too, group buy or not, its the same...

Cheers mate.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
I'm getting a shed load of vibration at low revs in gear. Is this a common engine mount to fail?

Cheers

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Well I've done 63k so that would make sense. My car's an FR Tdi. Does the Cupra have an uprated mount? Any link to the Briskoda site?

Cheers in advance.

ballenapene

The Tdi has the best engine mount and gear box mount. I noticed there wheree 2 different part number for the Cupra mounts on ETKA.

One petrol one diesel!? Or are you saying the Cupra engine mounts of different to that of the FR's in either petrol of diesel guise?

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
That's what I was trying to ask the first time. I need to get mine checked, but I would assume its fairly difficult to diagnose?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members