Useful / Trivial Things You May Not Know About Your Leon . . .

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Something wrong there then matt are you holding it long enough and do you mean up not down? And regarding the Speedo thing it is out at every speed I only chose 70 as it was easy to stick at on the motorway and surely it can't be out by that much at 70!?

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
i read it that you press the round button down and the mirors will then point down for parking? - that right? can you give me a proper explanation as I'm obviously doing something wrong!

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
ahh no - i dont mean the mirror folding up - someone mentioned erly in the thread about the mirrors moving down to aid parking - ie: not getting kerb rash on your rims when parking. usually when you put the car in reverse the mirror will move down so you can see the kerb....

jimjamsco

Jan 5, 2012
Fife, Scotland
Don't know if this has been mentioned or if it is just plain obvious but if you press up twice on the trip button it should show mph --- then press ok-reset button once it acts as a limiter. It doesn't stop the car going past that speed but beeps when you exceed. YOu set the speed by pressing up or down on the switch and remember to reset it using ok/reset :)

M6TT F

Dec 27, 2009
Handy one for those with DSG. If you're driving in D and change up or down using the paddles you can then put it back into auto mode by holding the right paddle for 2 secs instead of waiting for it to switch back.

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Seat Media 2.1 Sat Nav:

If you programme a route, press the 'i' button. This brings an option to display the route (in text only - not an overview). It also allows you to dismiss part of the route.

Handy if you know that part of your route is to be avoided - roadworks, a bugger turning right, etc.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Seat Media 2.1 Sat Nav:

If you programme a route, press the 'i' button. This brings an option to display the route (in text only - not an overview). It also allows you to dismiss part of the route.

Handy if you know that part of your route is to be avoided - roadworks, a bugger turning right, etc.

but you can only avoid one part of the route, if you don't like part of the new route you can't avoid another bit you have to start again. And also if your extra sad and want to know why you mpg is better on some motorway journeys than others you can see the alitude going up or down when pressing 'i' :)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Seat Media 2.1 Sat Nav:

this also works with the 2.0 version and you can dismiss any part or multiple parts of the route then it will recalculate ;)

ChrisSK

Jan 25, 2012
Bristol
Seat Media 2.1 Sat Nav:

After reading your post I had a play in this info menu and noticed that you can also mark your current position by pressing “Flagged dtn”. This is using Media System 2.2 so don’t know if it’s the same for 2.1.

Handy for finding your way back to your newly found dogging area...:whistle: Ops, I meant newly found Chinese restaurant when on holiday in an unfamiliar area.:)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
After reading your post I had a play in this info menu and noticed that you can also mark your current position by pressing “Flagged dtn”. This is using Media System 2.2 so don’t know if it’s the same for 2.1.

Handy for finding your way back to your newly found dogging area...:whistle: Ops, I meant newly found Chinese restaurant when on holiday in an unfamiliar area.:)

:lol: also works the same on 2.0 too;)

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Something I found out with my DSG 'box today.

After some 'spirited' driving on country roads with the box in S, I came down a steep incline into a 40mph limit, so moved the gearbox to D and took my foot off the gas. On the flat, the DSG would have gone up the gears until the revs were about 1000-1500rpm, but on this occasion, they stayed close to 3000, like an experienced driver would with a manual 'box.

There must be a tilt sensor, or some accelerometer setting that senses when the car is not slowing down with no gas in order to use engine braking. It's not something I've noticed before.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members