Using rear fogs without having front on

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
Hi,

Has anyone rewired/added switch for this as I would like to be able to use the rear, when visibilty is poor, but without having the front on, as often not help but make worse.

I was thinking small discrete switch (poss with light) to provide seperate circuit, but does the combined light switch include relay etc

or am I missing something on the original switch ?

Cheers

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The light switch should have a 2-stage mode for fogs, pull out one stage to put the front fogs on, second stage adds the rear fogs. I don't know why it's that way round either, I think you need rear fogs far more often than front. It should be a simple matter of swapping the connections at the light switch, but since this is a 17-way conblock, that is easier said than done.

The documentation says position 8 is front fogs, a pair of grey/yellow wires and position 9 is rear fogs, a single grey/white wire. Position 2 is power for the fogs, a black/white wire. If you choose to cut wires, put in extra connectors so it is easy to swap back to factory-supplied configuration.

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Why the hell would you want to even do that?????? just leave them as they are. Im in total agreement, Just remove the front fogs the simplest most hassle free solution!!!

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i removed mine........... i never used them anyway and they were so big that they couldn't have been good for airflow to the intercoolers.

turbin

we have daytime drivinglights in Scandinavia so I use foggers for that. And switch to low beams after dark.

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
Well one front fog is cracked now,tsk. I do use if they actually help. Will pop the dash panel off and see what can do with the switch wiring...

turbin

not a hijack... but, will the main lower grill between the two for grills come out just as easily as the two fog grills? grill grill

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.