V5 170 rolling road result

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Apologies for the delay, it was harder than I thought to find a scanner!! Anyway, for all the 20 valvers out there, here is the result of my rolling road;

V5170RR.jpg

It is totally mod free, not done anything except replace a few coil packs. It's long past 120,000 miles, and according to the all-knowing web, a 2001 V5 should deliver 168 BHP and 164 lbft of torque when it rolls off the Spanish ferry.

Please note the fairly decent low down torque, and also note the quite noticeable 'hole' at around 4600. That drop in power can be felt as I accelerate through the rev range, it would be the first thing I would expect a remap to deal with.

Still, only losing 4 horses and 4 lbft of torque in 9 years of motoring is a bit of a result, imho.

Baffled Spoon

Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow
Thanks for posting that Slimy. Pretty good result given the mileage :D If you don't mind me asking, how well has the car been looked after before you bought it? Just wondering if a good service history is needed to ensure the engine hasn't lost too many ponies.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I've just noticed your question mate, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I have a service history up to about 60k, after that it's a complete mystery. However, there's been a lot of replacement parts in that 60k, including various coil packs and MAF. I did give it a service shortly after I got it, but I didn't find anything bad on the plugs or in the oil.

I get the impression that it's had a comfortable life, with the odd b-road thrash being balanced by lots of motorway cruising.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.