VAG codes and Lambda probs

geordiecolin

Hi all,

A month or so ago had my engine light come on. Car was due for a service anyway so waited til it went in. Car is a 2001 1.6 S Leon (petrol)

Service comes back saying new Lambda Sensor needed but quoted me £200 odd to do it.

Got on the phone to JustLamba who supplied me with a new precat sensor which is now fitted however the light hasn't cleared.

Car has been into an independent garage today for some suspension work and they tried to clear the light off. Their diagnostic came back firstly with the following:

CODE001:

17589 P1181 linear oxygen sensoe Pump currect: open circuit

CODE002:

17524 P1116 HO2S heater circuit, Bank 1 - sensor 1

CODE003:

17604 P1196 O2 Sensor heater circuit, Bank 1 - sensor 1 : electrical Fault

The guy in the garage cleared those off and tried again for a second time with only the 17589 code returning. He thinks it may be a wiring problem as opposed to the sensor, given its a new one.

Any ideas? Am loath to take it back to the dealer who did the service cos he told me my wishbone and rollbar bushes needed doing asap when actually they're fine!

Thanks in advance!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
The fault returning is open circuit, meaning the lambda is buggeeed or the connnector abit loose.

geordiecolin

Given I've replaced the sensor already and haven't solved the problem then this would suggest I wiring problem then? I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the sensor to no avail.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Yeh could be either wiring issue or last resolt is the ecu. If do a search on current fault codes you may get a better ideas on ppl with same faults and how they went with it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise