vag com- will it turn off the beeps? petrol warning light beep etc?

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
everything in my car beeps.........and seriously bloody loudly!! washer fluid low, beep, petrol low.......beep, any other dash light......... beep! :doh:BEEP BEEP BEEP!! :censored::censored:

is there any way to turn the damn thing off?

please help:headhurt:

Walker15

I feel your pain, this annoys me loads. i could also do with an answer for this. [:@]

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
soldered to the back of the instrument cluster iirc

mind you rather then destroying why not add/change the noise to a ping/pong or muppets theme tune :)

given me an idea now :p

dizzydiesel

Keep the fuel and water topped up.....and don't drive with the hand-brake on.

(The beeps are seriously annoying)

dizzydiesel

Keep the fuel and water topped up.....and don't drive with the hand-brake on.

(The beeps are seriously annoying)

shaneseat

Apr 21, 2009
hah hah ahha feck off you lol, its not that simple, the beep is going on and off when it wants to!

there is a way to turn it off you need to buy v+can v1.4 i think then plug it in and u can program the instrument cluster on a differnt number and it will turn on beeps and off etc and change the car from mph to KM's and all sorts and even change ur milegage but that is illegal so dont do that. its simple if u can get seat to tell u what program code it is u need to change it too in order to set it too silent mode. any more questions like this and i may be able to help i have the software and hardware

everything in my car beeps.........and seriously bloody loudly!! washer fluid low, beep, petrol low.......beep, any other dash light......... beep! :doh:BEEP BEEP BEEP!! :censored::censored:

is there any way to turn the damn thing off?

please help:headhurt:

there is a way to turn it off you need to buy v+can v1.4 i think then plug it in and u can program the instrument cluster on a differnt number and it will turn on beeps and off etc and change the car from mph to KM's and all sorts and even change ur milegage but that is illegal so dont do that. its simple if u can get seat to tell u what program code it is u need to change it too in order to set it too silent mode. any more questions like this and i may be able to help i have the software and hardware

dizzydiesel

hah hah ahha feck off you lol, its not that simple, the beep is going on and off when it wants to!

Sorry....didn't mean to be funny but couldn't help it.

I obviously mis-understood the problem. But seriously I hate it when they beep for low water etc....every time you turn the ignition. :cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members