VAG COM Windows 7 Issues

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
i have installed a few versions of the vag com software on my laptop which has windows 7 installed, i cant seem to get the program to run at all, tried the compatibility xp on all versions but had no joy at all, could this problem be because of windows 7 or could it be something else?? also what is the correct drivers i am suppose to be using?? could it be the fact that the software wont run properly cause im using the wrong drivers or software

Any help would be appreciated
thanks

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Is it x64 per chance? Doesn't seem to run on that under any compatibility mode. There is a 'Windows XP Mode' (An XP VM) you can get from Microsoft, which I reckon it'd work under.

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
is there an x64 driver for this?? so yes it is an x64 bit system, iv found a program which seems to run but still wont recognize the interface, xp mode wont work on my system as i have premiem win7 , and not any of the others that it need to run on like ultimate and enterprise!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
One solution would be to get the real product which is Windows 7 compatible. The shareware version you are trying to run is 6 years old - long before Windows 7 was released.

Not all of us can really afford to justify it with the little amount we use it!

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
agreed, all i really want to do if read for fault codes every now and then coz my eml light doesnt work but the way its going i may just have to give in and get the proper software

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Not all of us can really afford to justify it with the little amount we use it!
We know that some feel that the price is out of their reach. Why else would we have shareware versions out there.

But, we don't promise to make 6 year old software work with 1 year old operating systems. So, you, the user who is trying to run the program on an unsupported platform for the shareware version of our product, have to go through the struggle to get it to work. It is quite possible that you do not have the proper drivers for your wire. You may have to get the those drivers from your supplier. for RT cannot give those to you because we have no idea what hardware is to be found in those wires. We only know the hardware in our interfaces.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Mine's fine.. I run it on parallels on my Mac.

Was just pointing out - I use it maybe once every quarter.

gaz - There's a VMWare viewer that I believe is free, could try under that if you have a spare XP disc lay about?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.