VAG COM & Windows Vista - Does it work?

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
Ross-Tech website hasn't been updated for Vista compatibility.

The software itself will probably be fine, it will be the cable (as always) that might give you issues. A pukka USB cable should be ok. Cheapo eBay USB ones 'might' be a bit tricky. Gonna depend on how good the third party manufacturers drivers are...

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I've just discovered the battery's flat on my laptop so that's charging while I install the software, etc.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Right... 506 and 512.4 appear to work fine. The latest version (607) doesn't, but I suspect that's down to my cable.

However, functionality wise, I'm limited as I don't have a VAG car to test it on and I'm only using the generic OBD-II connectivity in it on my ST.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Right... 506 and 512.4 appear to work fine. The latest version (607) doesn't, but I suspect that's down to my cable.

However, functionality wise, I'm limited as I don't have a VAG car to test it on and I'm only using the generic OBD-II connectivity in it on my ST.

This is where i get confuddled!

If i was going to use it with a USB cable, where would be the best place to get them from that is reliable?

If you had a decent cable, the latest version should work?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
This is where i get confuddled!

If i was going to use it with a USB cable, where would be the best place to get them from that is reliable?

If you had a decent cable, the latest version should work?

If you want something that'll definately work and is reliable, then the best place to get it from would be Rosstech. But if you want something that'll work with maybe a little bit of fudging and no guarantees, then look elsewhere.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise