Vagcom licence

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
Thought it would get more views if i posted here,ive just paid 99 dollars for the vagcom licence, does it get emailed to me,or posted? Bot sure how it works,ive got the vcds lite downloaded, which works with my cable,but i obviously cant log boost blocks without the licence, i copied and pasted the long serial number in the checkout like it said.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
From http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCDSLiteReg.html

Orders for software registrations are processed during normal business hours only. All orders are processed on a first-in, first-out basis. A License/Activation cannot be issued until after your order has been reviewed by a human being during normal business hours. Assuming the information and the serial number you provide in this order is correct and verifiable, your License/Activation should be sent to you via e-mail no later than the end of the next business day. Please Note: "end of day" can be late in the evening.

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
I guess i should have read the small print more,lol, i was expecting to be registered straightaway

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Mine came through last week in about 24 hours. It's one file that you put into the VCDS application directory.

If you completed the transaction today then it won't even be looked at until tomorrow morning US time (Philaldelphia is 5 hours behind the UK)

Last edited:

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
And, if you have not received anything from Ross-Tech within 2 business days, drop us a note at [email protected]. We'll look into and try to sort the matter.

Ive got my vagcom licence email,i followed how to save it into the vagcom file, but after everytime i went to load up vagcom it kept saying i need a 32 bit or 64 bit computer to support it. Ive checked my laptop properties and its a 64bit,then the computer froze, so i uninstalled vagcom and ive downloaded it again, does this mean the new download serial number will be different to what i gave to rosstech?, or is it just going to be the same? I thought i would just get a login number and thats it,

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Are you running VCDS-Lite 1.1? Because that is the current version of VCDS-Lite and it is compatible with 64 bit Win 7 machines.

The product is no longer called VAG-COM as VW forced us to change the name. We change it to VCDS (which stands for VAG-COM Diagnostic System). If you are trying to run VAG-COM 409, it will not work with Win 7 or a 64 bit machine. It was released in 2004, designed for XP and 32 bit machines. Further, the license we have sent will not work with 409 - only VCDS-Lite.

Re-installing on the same machine should generate the same serial information - but, if there is a virus or something running, it may not. Also, eliminate as many programs as possible, especially anit-virus programs, as other programs may be interfering with VCDS-Lite (not a normal occurrence but we have some reports that some apps will mess with VCDS-Lite).

Go to the About screen and look at the serial number that VCDS-Lite generated. Compare it to the one you sent to buy your license. If they are the same, then the license we have sent should be fine. If they are not the same, you are going to have to contact our tech support for further help.

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks for the reply,im going to have another go later,when i get back from work

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
Right i downloaded the new version and the serial number is exactly the same,ive been saving the link in the vcds lite folder like it states on the site,and its still coming up unregistered,i cant understand what im doing wrong

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
.... ive been saving the link in the vcds lite folder like it states on the site

Ummm... where do the instructions tell you to "save the link"? The instructions tell you to save the attached .vca file to the folder specified.

That would require you to right click on the attached file in the email, select "save as" from the drop down menu, find the folder, and save the license .vca file to that folder.

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
Thats what ive done,right click on attachment, save target as, into the same folder as vcds lite, the 1.1 version

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Into which folder did you place the attached file? Did you place it in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Lite? and when you finished copying the file, you see it there?

Last, did you read how to verify the file installation in the instructions? Does the first field of the serial number match the file name?

Last edited:

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
Yes they are the same,i checked and the serial number is the same on the order confirmation email

j976rna

Nov 15, 2011
In my email,i right click on the attachment,save target as
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/pickett/?action=view&current=0c107264.jpg
Then i go to the file the vcds lite is in
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/pickett/?action=view&current=30a90150.jpg
Save it after i have selected all files
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/pickett/?action=view&current=7469e405.jpg
And you can see it is saved in there

Then i go on vcds and still says not registered
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/pickett/?action=view&current=65333255.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.