Vaughny's 2003 Leon Cupra

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
Not so much a project car as it's my daily driver but I've done a few bits to smarten it up, with a few things in the pipeline.

First up was to get my stereo in so I could connect the iPhone:
IMG_0159.jpg

As there was no need for the changer I removed it and fitted a stowage box:
IMG_0160.jpg

And to finish up with the stereo side of things I fitted a stubby aerial:
IMG_0158.jpg

I've got a Fabia rear wiper on order and I'll be de-badging the boot over the weekend.

For the future I'd like to get a new shock & spring kit with new top mounts, some 18" alloys and get a Cold Air Intake system plumbed in. Possibly a Liquid Gauge on the horizon but not too worried about that at the moment.

Last edited:

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
Spent yesterday de-badging the car and fitting the Fabia wiper. Don't think they used enough clue on those badges!!! :p And a few pics of the car generally.

Before:
IMG_0157.jpg

After:
IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

General shots:
DSCF3302.jpg

DSCF3303.jpg

brad1

Looking nice mate :) you getting the T.I.P fitted this weekend aswell?? did you go for a red T.I.P??

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
Time for a bit of an update, will have to get some pics next weekend whilst at the AmD RR day.

Interior wise nothing really has happened other then carbon wrapping the centre console. Have to say it look's a hundred times better.

Exterior wise I've lowered the car 40mm on JOM shocks & springs, whilst replacing the top mounts and bearings. Didn't want to go mad as it's my daily driver and have to go over speed bumps and down cobbled streets everyday. I have got some Philips Blue Vision bulbs to go in which will happen tomorrow.

Engine wise I've fitted an uprated T.I.P which is red. I've got a catch tank to go on and I'm starting to accumulate parts for a FMIC. I think I've brought the last Toyo Universal FMIC, dead chuffed as they don't require the crash bar to be cut to make it fit. Just need to get the pipework and get it fitted. Will probably get AmD to fit it as they always do an awesome job.

Last edited:

Vaughny

Mar 3, 2009
Gravesend, Kent
Managed to fit a boost gauge & oil pressure gauge. Had the Halfrauds multi colour ones for a while and it appears the bloody oil pressure one is fooked. It works apart from the illumination, it just stays blue and won't change!

Also fitting new rear discs & pads, and sprucing up the calipers.

Will get pics this weekend of how everything looks.