Very Very Very Smokey!! Embarrasing Smokey!!

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
I Have A Disatser On My Hands My Car Is Smokey Waaayyyy To Much After About 2 ,3 Days After Washing The Car The Back Off Car Is Covered In Soot And Oil And Can't See The Number Plate Our Out Back Window, Any 1 Had This Problem And Got A Clue Wot Hell It Is?? Got Car Booked In Next Week, Car Is Ibiza Fr Tdi 1.9 Pd

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
it is major bad wen changing gear especially wen u hear turbo, i had turbo pipe changed beginning off year coz it exploded going up slip road!

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
grey then changes between pure black and grey then sumtimes white it changes depending on temperature

Triple D

had the same, but mine was after i had a hyrbid turbo on, cleaned the car, 10 mile drive and back was covered in soot, was a fast hard drive, but turned out the bolts holding the turbo onto the manifold had snapped, alowing the turbo to sit slightly off centre and all the exhaust gasses escaping. Turned out the vanes in the turbo had siezed aswell.£800 lighter and didnt have any more problems, till i blew that one up :lol:

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
going in under warranty next week just hope don't find out it is remapped to the max

Triple D

:lol: woops, turn it off, and dont mention anything about the map, anyhting else different on the car?

RSTuning

I have seen blocked egr valves cause smoke before but if it's under warranty all is good.

Do you have vag-com?

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
wot happened was turbo pipe exploded or wotever went in under warranty they had it 2 days got it back and it was smokey and just left it thought it would go away but recently it is gettin really bad gettin people cumin up to me at work and saying u guy with the black car it is horrendous wen behind u have to back off to b able to c where driving

Triple D

:roflmao:, id maybe suggest that the pipe may have came off then matey.

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
been replaced though and checked all piping, ave tried using omiscan to look into but it doesnt pick any faults up

RSTuning

Worth logging boost if you can. Might give you a better idea.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
what about the noise? when an IC pipe pops off the car is painfully slower and sounds like a real tractor,,, I guess if a pipe is broken is about the same, not?

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
ive had ic pipe come off before u have no power at all as turbo aint working and all u get it pure black reek

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
been told from guy i no it has to b egr valve or rubber seals or o rings are pumped and oil is escaping into chamber and gettin burnt in along with diesel

RSTuning

Quite often if the EGR is stuck it will throw an error as the requested and actual boost is different.

Paul

baz192

Feb 17, 2007
as i said above get grey smoke and black smoke and also OIL UP BACK WINDOW AND BUMPER!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.