vr6 conversion wiring

sythesy

can any one help me with my wiring,it stared off as a 1.4 so every thing is running off one loom.all i have is the vr6 loom (ecu side?)
havent got a clue myself any help greatly recived

sythesy

all lights work,it turns over but no fuel or spark ???????????????????????will have to get a volt meter

sythesy

does the ibiza have some sort of immobiliser its on a 99 V reg this would explain the no fuel and no spark

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
i put the vr6 ecu on and it started straight up so i presume the immobiliser is on a seperate control unit behind the dash

sythesy

i have now,but it still has no fuel or spark.any more ideas on how to disarm the immobiliser isearched on here but couldnt find anything

raddo-dave

Aug 7, 2007
blackburn
have u used the vr6 ignition barrel?

i just stuck with the ibiza key and barrel

only other thing i can think of is did the vr6 loom have an aftermarket alarm/immo on it?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
back to basics then

first things first - ignition on is the fuel pump priming at all ? With no engine or motor loom in at all by connecting the battery up with the ignition on i should get a small burst of fuel at the very least

sythesy

it did have an alarm but nothing was conected to the loom when i took it out it was a cheap do it yourself alarm
and can you always hear the pump prime

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just had a quick scan at my wiring scribble notes from when mine was playing up

pin 4 / Brown wire = earth

pin 1 / red-yellow = +12v from fuse18 (20a)

remove the fuel pump relay and put +12v down pin 4 to hear it run continuosly to test

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.