Warranty and related issues

HKU

Would be grateful for any advice on the following please :-

56 plate Ibiza Sport TDI 1.9. 1 month ago started to display all kinds of warning lights. Power steering failed a couple of times and re-engaged after stop/start. Codes all cleared. SEAT advised they could not do anything without a code.
1 day later ABS fault code came up - drove the car in and new ABS unit fitted ( under warranty). 1 day later brakes failed - apparently a leak in the brake fluid pipe.
There definately was no leak prior to the car going into SEAT.

I have asked SEAT for 50% reduction in next service cost (£300 total) for issue with the brake fluid pipe, lack of apparent testing after fitting the new ABS unit and not having a courtesy car available on 2 out of the 3 occassions I took the car in - total of 4 days.

On top of this the alarm is playing up. An alarm fitted as an additional extra paid for prior to taking reciept of the car.

Am I being unreasonable ?

Apr 1, 2007
I don’t think that’s being unreasonable, if they do think it is go to a blame-claim company saying you’re traumatized after the incident (NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE) and claim compensation.

HKU

Thanks for that
An update - after a lengthy email, SEAT have agreed the 50% discount ... hoorah. Only problem is they are refusing to fix the alarm as was not fitted by SEAT - fited by someone they authorised prior to my taking the car. To cut a long story short - I wanted an alarm, it didint have one, they fitted as an optional extra but go someone else to to it. So apprently only a 12 month warranty as apposed to the 3 year ... work that one out !!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.