Was slightly sluggish after remap, dodgy coilpacks or wrong fuel??

SirSuraj

Feb 25, 2008
Middlesex
Hi

After leaving AmD having done stage 1 remap, car felt beautiful.

Couple weeks later, coilpack 3 failed. Replaced it.

But it didnt feel the same as after the remap. I thought I had lost it.

Then coilpack 2 went, so I decided to replace this and the remaining two, so all 4 are new now.

I was wondering why it still didnt feem mapped. Was thinking about clearing error codes to see if that made a diff. Maybe it was wanting to go into limp mode.

Was going to take it back to AmD, but I reckon its because I used normal 95 RON, when the map was specfically for 98 RON. But I didnt think it the fuel would make so much difference.

Is this the likely culprit? Or was it the new coilpacks that has done the job?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
wouldnt hurt to reset error codes but the fueling will have a big effect. try a couple of tanks of 98/99 and see if it cures it.

95ron will be limiting the map

SirSuraj

Feb 25, 2008
Middlesex
98 RON made all the difference!

Didnt think it would have that much of an impact though. Didnt seem to make much diff before the map, so wasnt expecting a huge impact. Glad its sorted now.

Why a couple of tanks? Is there some sort of "learning" that the ECU does?

And where can one get 99 RON from? I'm not even sure I filled up with 98 RON, because at the pump I used (cant remember the brand) it said 98 RON in one place and 97 RON in another. Bit of ambiguity!

drue1

May 27, 2009
kent
i had mine remapped friday and they said the fuel was crap and my map sensor was reading low.i put v-power petrol in and what a difference:D:D

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I know I've said this a few times but I can definately vouch for V-Power. Not just the fact that it's 99RON and has proven to look after engines much better - but compared to all the other super unleaded fuels it really does feel more urgent in power delivery.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.