Water coming from behind passenger side dash

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Got in my Leon earlier and noticed a puddle in the passenger footwell. Had a quick look in the footwell and saw that water was coming from behind the dash from near the center console and also down the plastic trim in front of the door (see pics)
I know the passenger door isn't leaking as I've already repaired the seal there.

Just wondering what other things could cause this.

I have a 2002 Leon 1.4 without air con.

Pics

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
Has it been in for a service recently? Check the pollen filter cover is in correctly, and the skirt is surrounding the filter rather than acting like a funnel for rainwater. My local Seat dealership (Castlegate, Norwich) fitted the cover badly during the summer, but it didn't become apparent until the weather changed and my passenger footwell flooded. Not impressed.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
mine was the same didnt touch it for a year then one day I found a puddle

Has been parked on a angle? or off centre while its been raining? Mine sits half on the curb at my mums house! and thats when it happened to me

westlondonsun

I had a problem with my seat leon few months back.

Problem was the pollen filter once i refitted it no more passenger side leaks. I think it happened when i installed my sub as we had to feed the power cable near the pollen filter.

But i still kept getting leaks from my front windscreen near the sunvisor. So i thought i would try a DIY job. Basically got some sealant and pulled back the cloth on the roof near the sunvisor and where there were gaps between the metal frame and the front window i put in some sealant and then from the outside i ran a bead of sealant across the top of the window.

result of which i now have no leaks, fingers crossed it lasts - All posts i read pointed to either the door sills or the pollen filter. My problem was the pollen filter and the windscreen sealant

agentsmith

Rook,

This guy also has the same issue and is there a grommit on your passenger side?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147187

Could be the same issue.

definitely worth a look! this one only has the problem when the car is aimed slightly upwards. however the water can trickle off the soundproofing and then in a variety of directions. In my case it fell into the groove between the blower and the a/c and then onto the ground.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
thanks for the info everyone.I'm viewing SCN from my mobile atm.Will look at the links asap.
My Leon was parked half on the kerb and also facing upbank when this happened.But even when parked on a flat theres a small trickle of water coming from under the dash and running down the trim by the door step.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.