Water Damage to Oil Temperature Sensor

CupraS&R

I have a Dec 03 Cupra R 225

Has anybody had water damage to oil temperature sensor causing the polution/engine light to come on and the climate control to stop working?

Our dealer has tried to make out the car has been sitting in water for a while. When this was fixed and dried out the car was fine. 3 weeks later, it happened again. They are now saying there are two square holes in the sump guard that is letting the water get to the oil sensor.

Should these holes be there?

Any advice will be most welcome!

CupraS&R :(

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I had an aftermarket sender fitted to my car last week to hook upto a temperature gauge and it is screwed into the oil filter housing about 2 inches right of the oil dipstick.

I wasn't aware the LCR had another oil temp sensor

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
A blast from the past eh.
Apparantly the 225 LCR has an oil temp sensor but the 210 LCR does not. Can anyone advise as to where this is on the 225 LCR so that us 210 chaps can look at retro fitting one to allow us to run the liquid gauge and vagcom.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Temperature and level sender in the bottom of the sump. Not sure that it is a proportional sender i.e. that it sends a reading proportional to temperature: it's a combined warning sensor that just sends "oil too hot or too low". I think.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Temperature and level sender in the bottom of the sump. Not sure that it is a proportional sender i.e. that it sends a reading proportional to temperature: it's a combined warning sensor that just sends "oil too hot or too low". I think.

I think it is proportional as some 225 owners can use the oil temperature function on the liquid gauge, whereas 210 owners can't.

I am going to call David at Sere today and see what he knows.