water in spare wheel well

Craigbarnley

Oct 13, 2008
Cheltenham
Hey peeps i have had a lot of water in my spare wheel well. i have checked the usual stuff rear washer lines etc but still no avail. any adeas the boot carpet isnt wet either its just all in the well.

Craigbarnley

Oct 13, 2008
Cheltenham
bungs are still in there so thats cool not been washed by fire brigade. there was about 2 inches of water. had my rear window smashed in the summer and replaced by autoglass do you think it could be a sealing problem?

Deleted member 13581

If it was the seals you would think the carpets and panels would be wet aswell, but you said they werent.

Maybe worth going to your local dealer. Havent heard of this before on the MK4 Ibiza. It was common on the MK1 Leon to have wet footwells, but they were sealing problems. Usually got a new set of seals out of them.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
does the rear wash work?older ibiza's had a habit of disconnecting in the boot and blowing the rear lights after soaking them.

deezal

Sep 28, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
My rear washers stopped working today but no sign of washer fluid in the boot . Temperature was well above freezing when I used it and theres plenty of antifreeze in it .I can hear the motor working so Im thinking the pipe must have disconnected somewhere else or is blocked?

Deleted member 13581

Take the rear panel off and have a look. They have a habit of popping off as Jase says.

3 screws and clips hold it on. 1 screw in each of the light areas (behind the covers) and 1 in the handle. Give it a good pull down and it will pop off. Just make sure when your puting it back together that all the clips are there.

deezal

Sep 28, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
Take the rear panel off and have a look. They have a habit of popping off as Jase says.

3 screws and clips hold it on. 1 screw in each of the light areas (behind the covers) and 1 in the handle. Give it a good pull down and it will pop off. Just make sure when your puting it back together that all the clips are there.

Yeah thanks, I guess theres nothing else for it but to remove the panel to check , not the first time Ive done it. I read on another thread that there are a couple of other places it can pop off like behind the rear n/s trim and at the fluid reservoir , which sounds a big job as you have to take out the airbox. But Ill check the rear panel first.