Water inside the drivers and passenger windows !

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
Just had our car looked at under warranty as the drivers and passengers window when put half down after raining are wet. Now it's not your usual damp bit on the window but there is a considerable amount of water on the inside of the window. I could understand if we put the window down fully as the seals would have water on them as they touch together (external seal and internal seal) but they are not.

Does anyone else have this issue as I was told this was common ? Thing is my 4 year old Corsa doesn't do this and come to think of it no other car did this that I have owned.

I have had this "adjusted" which means that Seat can see an issue but after 2 attempts to try and fix this Seat now say there is nothing wrong with the car.

Please let me know if you have or are still having this issue.

Thanks Ivan

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Is the Search button broken? :lol:

magnifyglass.jpg

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I understand that some of you longer standing members of the forum might get bored of putting links up to the same thing, or writing the same answers, but in this case I personally think the answers given could have been more helpful. I have what I would call a serious problem with condensation and have just spent over an hour searching and reading posts, and am none the wiser. First of all, it's easy to find a post when you know what it's title was, but we don't. I searched for misty window, steamed windows, condensation etc, which bought up various posts, but I still have no answer!

My car has already been back to Seat who promptly took it in and replaced the inner door seals as they said this was a common problem. However, over a month later and it's still as bad.

I will spend more time searching and reading through a million posts...maybe the answer is out there somewhere...

iendicott

Jul 24, 2004
Peterborough
Cheers guys, I have investigated the threads in question and see that a small lip within the door needs to be removed, I will notify the stealer about this and also mention to Seat this fix as the women I spoke to yesterday did not have "fix" for this and told me that this normal LOL.

andycupra

status subject to change
:no: read again, or use the search to see what we're talking about :)

to be honest, i read it again a few times and its not really clear what the issue is. (although i stand corrected that its most likely not condensation type issue after reading some other threads)
I appreicate there is a search function on here, but its also fair to say that when its not clear what the issue is the search function is difficult to use unless you spend hours reading. If you expect this you are expection alot.

Perhaps a clarification of the issue rather than a sarky comment would prove more helpful. Which is a tip many forums members could take note of.

Last edited:

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Perhaps a clarification of the issue rather than a sarky comment would prove more helpful. Which is a tip many forums members could take note of.

Indeed.

Following on...when I got in my car tonight (about 9pm) the windscreen was not only frozen on the outside, but on the inside also! It's my fault really, because whilst reading one of the many threads on this type of issue I had to laugh at some poor soul that this had happened to. So I bought it on myself! :blink:

It's getting so boring having to sit in the car for so long before setting off. I suppose I had better get back in contact with the dealer?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.