Water leak above pedals

The real G-Man

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for getting back to me, anyway, Neil! Much appreciated!

My leak seems to be coming through what feels like "expanding foam" sort of material, can you remember if that's the sort of area you had to seal?
It's almost as if it's seeping through it. I didn't even realise it was like a hard foam until I pressed it the other day and it was softer than the panels. Weird.

Can you remember what you used as a sealant?

I was thinking maybe sanding it down a bit first, then just covering as much as I can with some sealer?

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
Thanks for getting back to me, anyway, Neil! Much appreciated!

My leak seems to be coming through what feels like "expanding foam" sort of material, can you remember if that's the sort of area you had to seal?
It's almost as if it's seeping through it. I didn't even realise it was like a hard foam until I pressed it the other day and it was softer than the panels. Weird.

Can you remember what you used as a sealant?

I was thinking maybe sanding it down a bit first, then just covering as much as I can with some sealer?

I had to seal between the seam of two panels in the bulkhead, the water was leaking through the hard seam sealer.
I think I used some sort of waterproof bathroom sealer, it wasn't pretty but couldn't be seen behind the dash.

The real G-Man

Apr 6, 2009
Yeah, I'm pretty sure mines the same type of leak. It's where the left side of my car meets the front of the car (right in the corner, where there's a sealed seem). I think it's coming straight through that sealer material.
I had my front wing replaced, and this has started happening. Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but the guys who fitted the wing say it would have nothing to do with the new wing, and wouldn't take the wing off to check behind it. Although I'm not so sure, I've had the car for 9 years from new, with no leaks, get a wing replaced, and boom, water pouring in behind the wing. I'm swaying more and more towards this not being a coincidence. I think they've put a screw in too far into the inner wheel arch liner or something. Think I'll maybe just have a go at taking the wing off myself and checking it over.

NathanG

Dec 15, 2014
I've just stumbled upon this forum whist looking for answers to my water leak problems on my Fabia. No one over on Briskoda seems to have the same problem as me. My water leak is not door related its something else and seen as the Fabia, Polo and Ibiza are pretty much the same car i thought why not join lol.

My car was misting up do i took out the drivers seat and the carpet was soaking. I removed the underlay 3 weeks ago to dry out. When i removed the kick plate (where the bonnet release handle is) the bottom of the A pillar was full of water. It was so full i have to syphon it out and there was about 150mls of water in there and when it got full it was just flow out into the underlay. Last week i went and had the windscreen replaced but its still leaking somewhere. I've sealed the bonnet release cable under the windscreen and also checked the drainage holes in the plenum chamber but their all clear. Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Thanks.

The real G-Man

Apr 6, 2009
Hi Nathan,

Not sure if I'll be able help or not, I discovered my leak was coming in just behind the hinge on my bonnet (passenger side). Then once the water got past there, there was a tiny hole in the sealant of the bulkhead of the car, which was the cause of the water entering the cabin. Once I put sealer in both locations, this fixed my issue (for the time being, at least). I managed to find out where the water was getting in by using a hose with a very weak flow and, I sat in the footwell while my dad held the hose over different areas of the car. It was a good way to pinpoint the entry point.
Hope this helps you in some way?

NathanG

Dec 15, 2014
Yeah sounds like a plan, it will be near impossible to see the water coming in though unless i have an endoscope of something due to the fact it gathers in the bottom of the A pillar. If i could upload photo's in here i'd show you but thanks for the tips mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members