Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Can come in under the scuttle panel, through the electrical "box"

Note picture is where the boost gauge enters, ignore the red circle.

routing.JPG

andicapped

i've had a look under there and also left the hose running to see what happened, i couldn't see any water getting in. now i'm totally stumped :confused:

soaked the whole drivers side and i'm now getting water back on the door sills :( but the seals i've renewed (siliconed) are all dry

what the hell is going on? my car is soaking :cry:

andicapped

found a leak in the door again :cry:

also found a drip coming from the bulkhead, i tried tracing it back but it disapears behind the steering colum. so i removed the skuttle panne l and put silicone around everthing that leads into the dash.

hopefully thats the drip sorted but the dooe leak is driving me mental.

there is no leaking from the seal that usually goes as i've fixed that, it seams to be the seal arounf the door opening thats not doing it's job.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
found a leak in the door again :cry:

also found a drip coming from the bulkhead, i tried tracing it back but it disapears behind the steering colum. so i removed the skuttle panne l and put silicone around everthing that leads into the dash.

hopefully thats the drip sorted but the dooe leak is driving me mental.

there is no leaking from the seal that usually goes as i've fixed that, it seams to be the seal arounf the door opening thats not doing it's job.

Some of the holes under the skuttle are drainage holes. careful you dont block them up.
If they block the water will keep rising and that might be helping the water find its way into the cabin

gooh

Trying to fix the leaky door seals on my 2002 Leon Cupra ...

So far, so good. The interior door panels came off ok, i could detach the cable for the lock and unplug the various electrical cables - except for the mirror adjustment switch on the drivers door.

This is the only thing stopping me from getting at the door card. :(

Anyone know how to remove this?

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
they all come of with a but of jiggering don't really remember it being that hard. push up the panel from the handle end first.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah it isn't hard, just un clip all the connectors in the same way, whilst still holding the door card (not enough wire to rest it on the floor)

gooh

Thanks.

With the help of a mirror and a bit more light I could see why it wasn't releasing.
Finished the job and no rain on the sills after yesterday's downpour. :D

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
gona do my front ones now in advance of anything, starting to get trapped water in door rubbers already ,

had the famous rear washer disconnect on satarday evening , so quick search found me some usefullness , gota put the pannels all back together now tho , also siliconned the connector together

starcity

seat leon underlay for sale

Incase anyone is interested I have a spare set of Seat Leon Underlay (sound proofing) for sale. See eBay item number 150384752767.

Last edited by a moderator:

starcity

Carpet underlay / sound deadening for sale Leon 99-05

See ebay item number 150384752767

Joe K

May 31, 2009
Hi guys
Ive got a question . my doors seals leak only onto the step but dosent seem to be in the foot wells . When i open the door it actually pours out in to the outside floor :confused:
Is this the same issue or is it the seal that goes over both doors as its front and rear offside ones only :think:

cheers

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Hi guys
Ive got a question . my doors seals leak only onto the step but dosent seem to be in the foot wells . When i open the door it actually pours out in to the outside floor :confused:
Is this the same issue or is it the seal that goes over both doors as its front and rear offside ones only :think:

cheers

+1 ^^^

Ha Ha, i wanted to ask the same question and when i got to the end it's already been asked :happy:

para2006uk

hi i was wondering if you have a part number for this as i have the same problem apart from i have a swimming pool in the bpottom of my door well lol thanks

Daniaxeman

Doesn't get stuck, it just sits there till you open the door, then gush!

i've had the 'gushing' from day one, its annoying but until it starts flooding the floor i see i as a neat trick :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.