Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Thanks that'd be awesome :)

I believe it's the drivers side / rear drivers side that's leaking, my rear carpet behind drivers side is drenched and the front's a bit soggy too but I'm not sure if tat's scuttle panel related. I'm not exactly mechanical minded so I don't have a clue where to start lol

That's awesome are you in London or Melksham sorry I got confused lol

Thanks again :)

ToledoTed

just done my front drivers, was a pain in the backside but hopefully no more soggy carpets.

ToledoTed

I did remove the carrier yes, but this was more for my own idea of how they come off. It actually slides off nicely when the window is secured and removed from the regulator. The only pain is the wiring loom in the door lock, a bit of a pain to release.
When the carrier is removed gives you chance to really clean the seals around the carrier and the door so that the new stuff will bond nicely. I also took the opportunity to suck all the water out of the door. I have noticed that someone has also replaced the seat speakers with a set of Kenwood ones and there was a massive gap around them. I have sealed this too so hopefully it will not let in water anymore.

ToledoTed

I did remove the carrier yes, but this was more for my own idea of how they come off. It actually slides off nicely when the window is secured and removed from the regulator. The only pain is the wiring loom in the door lock, a bit of a pain to release.
When the carrier is removed gives you chance to really clean the seals around the carrier and the door so that the new stuff will bond nicely. I also took the opportunity to suck all the water out of the door. I have noticed that someone has also replaced the seat speakers with a set of Kenwood ones and there was a massive gap around them. I have sealed this too so hopefully it will not let in water anymore.

Well another botched job!, its still leaking :-(

I have just taken the whole lot of and i have only gone and used Roofing Mastik (adhesive) like a ********.
So now i will be spending the rest of my sunday scraping it off and start again, while it was off i took the opportunity to pour water over the closed window and see how much was coming into the door and it was absolutely pouring in. What a rubbish design Seat....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dougster

Oct 9, 2013
Clydebank, Glasgow
I thought I was getting away with not doing my passenger door but now getting dampness in that footwell now too.

My problem is one of the T20s on the bottom of the door card is just spinning.

Can I drill this out?

ggs mk1 fr

Jan 9, 2014
Sheffield
front footwell drivers side

Would anyone like to sort out my leak I have in my mk1 fr I really would appreciate it could someone please let me know as I've only had the car 1 month thanks in advance.:help:

slyce

Morning all..........could really do with a hand with mine also (cheeky i know!)?

Im in Northolt, London (North West).

Happy to buy the material obviously and a few beers?

Thanks

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Just found out I also have leaky doors. All four mats are sodden!! Looks like I've got some ebay shopping to do followed by some hours in the garage!! :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.