water leaks back passenger footwell

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
can someone please please help, its getting ridiculous.

Im getting so much water in the rear ps footwell, there's non in the front foot well.

I tried sealing the door deal up with silicon ( the rubber seal ) but had no luck.

I really need to fix this otherwise its going to damage the body.

Thanks for any help
Lee

Seat Ibiza SE SPORT 1.4 16V 2003
BBZ Engine
SE240

Air con, ESP (No clue why on a 1.4)

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Have you pulled the carpet back up front?

The underlay there has a rubber backing so the water doesn't come up through it. Mine was like it as was another members car that I looked at.

Mine was a leaky grommet in the bulk head!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Best way to find it is get a bucket of water, and have some one sit in the car and you pour the water on the car at certain area's

had the same problem with my saxo vts.

But sold it before it was fixed

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
oh great, sounds like this is going to be fun. Im going to strip all the silicon that i used on the rubber door seal i think as well, because im sure i have made my problem worse by filling with silicon. Water seems to rest on the sil since i did that.

Looks like the front seat out job then??

quick edit..... Rosco, never buy a saxo again! Horrible car!!!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
mate i would have another vts

great car it was, very very quick. Mines wasnt chavved up. Just standard with half leather from the gti

yeah take seats out, mind its a fancy multispline bolt, If you dont have it halfords will. Wont be expensive

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
oh i duno depends what you like.... my gf had a vts i personally thought it was slow for what it is, and really hated the interior with a passion.

Yeh i seen the big spline bit, i will pick up whatever i need from work im an IT manager for a car parts company ;-)

What car do you have now btw? and have you had such problems?

Spose its what you get for having a car from spain/greece it dont rain much there.

Lee

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
well i have but i ran the lead up the wing so no chance water is coming from there.... and i silcon on the gromit where the door leads come in... i spose im going to have to wait till friday
and strip the car out.
The air bags on the seat, should i discon battery to undo the connector?

Lee

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
ok i shall have a check behind the glove box first, see if its damp when i finish up at work.

It sending me crazy to know i have about 2 litre of water floating around in the car.

thanks for your time!!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Noble i have a ibiza 100pd Tdi now

Just bought some wheels and coily's is next

when u say your from greece, was your gf's vts the 1.6 16v?

Just i know in some country's they call the 1.4 a vts and the 1.6 16v the cup am i right in saying so?

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
no no i mean Seat's are manufactured in Greece/Spain she had a 1.6 16v saxo hence VTS.... My 205 GTI used to eat it and the 1.4 ibiza had no problems keeping up with it....

Im jealous, im kicking myself for getting the petrol and not the diesel version of the ibiza just at the time i did not realise the diesel can gain so much power from a remap.

The ibiza is the first car i owned, past my test in it :-D

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
ah right got ya

Sorry lol. i gave a good run with my mates 1.9 gti. kept up with it till 110kmh but i backed off. Only had car a few days and didnt want to do stuid things straight away

Last edited:

gazjones

mine was leaing where the wiring loom goes down into behind the glove box as i put loads of gunk over it as it was directly below the little drain hle in the windscreen gutter, not had any probs since but mine was really bad still smells slightly damp 3 months on

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
thanks davels

forgot about that hehe

Hows the back scratcher(antlers)?

decided what your buying yet? was out with me auld man on sunday, Noticed u can get a Brand new 56 reg Fr Ibiza for 10k

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
thanks davels

forgot about that hehe

Hows the back scratcher(antlers)?

decided what your buying yet? was out with me auld man on sunday, Noticed u can get a Brand new 56 reg Fr Ibiza for 10k

yup CUPRA TDi baby yeah :funk:

on a serious note here :( 2 more people died in norfolk the other day when they hit a deer 3rd worse place in the uk for accidents relating to the buggers:ban:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
dunno as of today i am officially unemployed :( but got a 3 grand deposit ready for when i find the right one :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.