Apr 10, 2022
Hi guys, got a slight issue with my Seat Leon 1.8 tsi…well I say slight. I’ve currently got a coolant leak, ive had the car pressure tested by a local Seat garage and they’ve confirmed this but I was hoping they would contribute to the cost of the fix as my car has only done 26,000 miles and is an 18 plate. They said they wouldn’t be able to contribute what so ever, and the total cost of the fix from Seat is very pricey. I know the car is out of the warranty by a year but a car which isn’t really that old shouldn’t be getting a leak??? Wondered if anyone else has had this issue, and has taken it further to Seat uk?

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hey.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

This does seem to be a common issue with these.

Happened on my cupra.

Mine happened under warranty and seat replaced it. But only the thermostat housing.
14 months later a seal went between the thermo housing and water pump.

Seat would not help at all.

Took it all the way through to their complaints dept.

Basically they said it was down to a dealership for any gratuity.

It cost me about £140 for the part and £650 labour because if its placement.

This does seem to be a common issue and I think it's actually awful that seat just wipe their hands of it seen as how many people seem to have this problem.

My cupra had done just over 30k miles.

Good look with getting it sorted.

But I think report it through the seat helpline anyway you may have better luck and they can put pressure on the dealerships I think to try and help.

Best of luck with it all.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2022
The Seat garage said if it was the thermostat they would’ve maybe contributed…but yeah not ideal tbh, wish it would’ve happened sooner. I feel like with the car being a year out of the warranty they won’t help or contribute anything.

I’ll try the helpline tomorrow.

Thanks!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I got mine free out of warranty by a few months. My dealer knew the issue.

The dealers claim all the money direct from VW HQ.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

stuwbafc

Aug 30, 2009
bearwood
ive just had the same confirmed by seat but im very luck to have caught it inside of warranty booked in for next month hope you get yours sorted mate

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise