Week 1 tidy and map, now slipping clutch! Advice

StuLCR52

MK1 LCR projectā€¦.
Sep 11, 2005
Hampshire (formally Lisburn NI)
So after a week of tinkering says the Irish man šŸ™ˆ got round to a few jobs on the old LCR, purchased with forge FMIC, cobra full exhaust and JR induction filter.

so started the week with a rocker gasket replacement and ended up with lots of brittle pipes being replaced,

moved onto figuring out why the oversized TIP felt not secure on the turbo! Found to be the adapter plate had one grub screw missing cleaned and replacement fixings, done

got a boost gauge, letā€™s say trying to balance work and installing the gauge was not the best move ever! Managed to do the typical thing drilled through the giver for loom and caught the EPC plug, yes you all said twat in your head too!

today sorted that, popped to mappers got some extra power to compliment the mods and happier with delivery, FYI roll your eyes itā€™s a generic but difference felt!

so here the question! Best clutch setup for mk1 LCR, clutch ainā€™t happy with what we now believe is stage 2 oops šŸ™Š or there or there abouts?

being advised VR6 flywheel and Sachs clutch? Advice people? But thatā€™s a 5 speed so looking else where

considering itā€™s been 14 odd years since I dabbled with an LCR advice would be handy

luckily have access to best mates garage and ainā€™t afraid of a bit of modification

advice and help appreciated, yes Iā€™ve search the forum but not finding anything quickly apologies if this has been done to death!

plan is too run some decent power in the future, got keep up with the mates R33 (650) to some degree haha

Last edited:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Good luck with that (genuinely). I'm aiming for as close to 300 as possible.
Im not in a position to take my motor apart and do whats needed for 400.
A genuine 400hp Leon, you'll be upsetting 911's with that šŸ‘

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
I think to be far regardless to the power Iā€™ll get from the LCR keeping up my mates 650bhp r33 ainā€™t realistic lol but still looking eventually to go for around 400 ish after emptying my pockets lol šŸ˜‚

PS an ae86 corrolla keeping up with any skyline is not standard engined lol

It's more about picking your battles. R33s etc are nose heavy barges, like Audi RS4s. On a drag strip you're toast, at Cadwell Park you're to be feared.

Aaanyway, looking forward to the build šŸ‘

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
The Sachs upgrade offered by B5 is decent and coupled with oem parts it behaves similarly to a standard clutch.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3ā€Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550ā€™s, BC Coilovers, ARBā€™s +loads more.

Reactions: mty12345
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.