Weird Power Loss

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
I have a 2000 Seat Ibiza TDI (90hp) i have started gettin a problem when accelerating once the car gets to about 2500rpm there is a really noticeable dip in power for few seconds then all of a sudden it all comes back again, this has really baffled me and was wondering if this is common or if anyone knows of a cure for it, thanks for any help
Ryan

sssstew

Editing your spelling
usually when its the MAF it will get to about 2000 or 3000 and then have no go after that. But you say power comes back.. hmmm

It would certianly be interesting to see what its like with the MAF unplugged, and if you can get access to VAG COM log the requested vs actual for the airflow and see if its meeting that.

Could be a faulty N75 Boost controller, so logging reuested vs actual boost could help too.

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
Thanks for the speedy reply folks, i have recently replaced the MAF as there was a definate power loss after 2000RPM it solved the problem, as for the current problem i have no idea i will have a look at this boost controller to see if anything comes of it, again thanks for all the help!

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
could well be the N75 but it is possible for the MAF to go again as the are pretty sensitive.........what air filter are you running? If you have a cone filter that isnt the "dry" type then that could be your problem.....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.