wet and dry polishing

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Brilliant mate, that looks really well, you could have a shave in that. :lol:
cheers mate only thing is id get some strange looks trying it :lol:

If you have a machine polisher use an old pad and it works a treat.
yea i was thinking about getting one of the ones you put on the end of a drill...

Autosol metal polish is the dogies dangles for shining metal!
funny you say that i see it in halfords when i was getting the paper but didnt get it in the end may get some tomorow and see what the outcome is...

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
You can also buy MicroMesh (used to remove scratches from helicopter screens) which goes up to silly grades, 12,000 IIRC - I used this on my headlights but need to go over them again with more patience - or just get someone with a machine polisher...

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
You can also buy MicroMesh (used to remove scratches from helicopter screens) which goes up to silly grades, 12,000 IIRC - I used this on my headlights but need to go over them again with more patience - or just get someone with a machine polisher...

Wow, 12,000 that would just be like paper.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
was thinking that too flopper, more elbow grease pal! dont give up yet!
Im not sure if i want it mirror finish its more shiny than it looks in the photo's im quite liking it the way it is at the moment...little bit different from the norm still got to do my inlet mani and cam cover yet so should bring it all together then...

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
good luck on the cam cover...

absolute hell.

Take off the inlet and its easy to work on. However the head is a real *****

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
good luck on the cam cover...

absolute hell.

Take off the inlet and its easy to work on. However the head is a real *****
yea it doesnt look to strait forward all those little bits sticking up on it etc...im thinking i may have to hire somthing out to make the mani easyer to do the flat bit simple enough just the pipes going to the block that will be harder...

jamiebennett81

my inlet manifold is already polished, but due to working on the car, it has got scratched, so I want to tidy it up

what should I use, just 1500 and 2000 on it and some autoglym metal polish on it?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
depends on how bad the scratch is been said further up the thread that autosol metal polish is quite abrasive so if its only more of a mark that may do it....

jamiebennett81

depends on how bad the scratch is been said further up the thread that autosol metal polish is quite abrasive so if its only more of a mark that may do it....

not a bad scratch, but bad enough to be sanded and polished again though

will give some 1500 a go on it then and see what happens

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.