What’s this car part?

Jun 21, 2023
I keep getting EML for fuel temp sensor, I’ve replaced the sensor but it still flags up. However I don’t get the EML when I remove this box. But I get reduced fuel economy, darkside developments think it’s a tuning box but it’s vag stamped. Can anyone provide an insight or part number for it? Seat Leon mk2 1.9tdi bxe
IMG_0218.jpeg
IMG_0219.jpeg
IMG_0220.jpeg
IMG_0221.jpeg

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
The code on this comes back to an ambient air temp sensor, but I notice the plug doesn't have any wires going to it. So where are they?

img_0218-jpeg.37171

Jun 21, 2023
The code on this comes back to an ambient air temp sensor, but I notice the plug doesn't have any wires going to it. So where are they?

img_0218-jpeg.37171
Hello, thank you for your reply. There was a cable going into it and then the other connector connected directly into the fuel temp sensor. The fuel temp sensor is now directly connected to this cable. I still get ambient temp on my dash without this plugged in

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
That's not a VAG part. It's a small project box with a couple of VAG wiring connectors bodged onto it.

I think Darkside are spot on. What's inside it? It's probably just a simple circuit (maybe even just a resistor) to fudge the fuel temperature reading.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.