What color to do my cupra tdi wheels

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ok,

after picking up my bargain of the century cupra wheel for £6.39 off ebay they other week i now have enough wheels to go get refurbed. I've decided i will be keeping the cupra till the end of the year when i want to get a Megane R26-R or a focus RS clubsport. so for now i am just trating it up with a few bits to make it more fun while i own it.

So there booked in for tuesday pick up, with a new set of T1-Rs i picked up from camskill yesterday. Now the next problem.

I'm undecided on wheel colour on a red Cupra tdi

so heres the options,

White - this is the mad option, not sure it will work as have;nt seen anyone do it on a cupra mk4, but it may look good.

Gloss Black - have reservations about this as it has a habit of makng the hweels look smaller and dirtier when the tyres brown a bit.

Matt Black - had matt black on two previous cars, again only thing to put me off is the thing of the wheel rarely looks clean.

Anthracite ( as dark as possible) - ths is my preferred choice, the guy on here with the black one with "coal" effect anthracite is what i am after.

so anyone any thoughts.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
As much as i love white, there a nightmare to keep clean. So black imho.

350BHP focus clubsport, holy jesus what a car! bit pricey though for a focus hatch at 35k.

nam

May 29, 2007
Northwest
My FR wheels are Gloss black

3565985833_05b2677db4.jpg

3566800332_565ae5ee10.jpg

tyre's dont go brown if you keep them clean and tyre gel them up :)

Deleted member 13581

Good find.

I would go with a bright silver. Make the wheel look bigger and really cleans them up.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
My FR wheels are Gloss black

3565985833_05b2677db4.jpg

3566800332_565ae5ee10.jpg

tyre's dont go brown if you keep them clean and tyre gel them up :)

now , see, you go and put that pic up, makes me want to go Gloss black now,

i got till monday to think about it. Its a real toss up, very dark anthracite or gloss black now. but that FR looks very nice indeed

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
black with a thin red band going around the edge would you good or black wih red etal flake maybe. just done my gsxr1000 wheels antracite with silver metal flake and that looks mint

Deleted member 13581

The white does look good though. Will just have to keep cleaning them all the time. :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.