What cool things can I get done to my car with VAG COM this weekend

Aimez

I have had a trawl throught the VAG COM section but 90% seems to be about how to get it and use it and then about error codes:(
This weekend a fellow SCN member local to me is gonna plug it and see what we can do.
What have you guys done, can we headlights on when unlocking car, what else only have this weekend and need to make the most of this op!:D

gus

Jun 27, 2006
is it possible to enable the headlights when u turn the alarm on??? as my fiancees fiesta has that feature, i know someone here has enbaled the confort wiper, so everytime u put your car into reverse the rear wipers goes on ;-))

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I have done the beep when clicking car (didn't want ot for unlocking), cumfort rear wiper (if you have wipers on and select revese the rear wiper will give you 1 wipe clicky), disabled selective locking (all locks open with one click of remote).

Last edited:

RpR

Sep 24, 2008
Denmark
is it possible to enable the headlights when u turn the alarm on??? as my fiancees fiesta has that feature, i know someone here has enbaled the confort wiper, so everytime u put your car into reverse the rear wipers goes on ;-))

Mine's always been like that?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
comfort rear wiper, hazards and/or a really pants beep when you lock and unlock, disable 10mph auto lock, disable double press for unlock all doors and that's about all I can think of.

headlights or foglights when unlocking I thikis a :no: unless you want to install a relay between the interior light and the headlight switch wiring.

Aimez

Thanks guys wasn't really expecting much response.
hmm well he thinks he can do the lights but maybe this is cos he has done it on his Altea. Not bothered about the rear wiper think it would irritate me! So can I get to specifically beep only when locking? I would like this as if my back's turned I get paranoid as I didn't see the indicators flash so end up unlocking then re-locking it. Don't really want it on when unlocking though no need.
Think I will keep the 10mph lock on may one day need it as annoying as it can be when you have passengers trying to get out! But the one click for auto lock sounds great I always forget when I have passengers or need to put stuff in the boot!

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
So can I get to specifically beep only when locking? I would like this as if my back's turned I get paranoid as I didn't see the indicators flash so end up unlocking then re-locking it. Don't really want it on when unlocking though no need.

Yea, you can choose which one you want or to have both.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
So can I get to specifically beep only when locking? I would like this as if my back's turned I get paranoid as I didn't see the indicators flash so end up unlocking then re-locking it

I always end up doing this :cartman: Feel a right **** sometimes.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
To disable Selective Unlocking

Turn on ignition, start up VAG-COM

Go to "Select control module" from the main menu.
Select "46 - Central conv."
Click on "Recode - 07"
The number in at present will be a even number, add one to that number to make it an odd number then click "Do It".
Remove keys from ignition and lock the car - the next time you go to unlock pressing the unlock button will unlock everything.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You can stiffen up the steering if you find it too light. I did this for a few months but ended up putting it back and then I appreciated the lightness much more :) It's in the steering assist module but I can't remember the settings. It's in the Vag-Com forum somewhere.

Aimez

Thanks Damoegan your the man I will take them instructions with me on Saturday. I ignored the typo I knew what you meant!
Yes I heard about the steering I like my steering as it is, I drove another car for a week last year made me like the steering even more!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise