What did you and your MK2 do today?

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Gave it a wash and going over with AG Aqua Wax (gave it a proper polish & wax last weekend). Aqua Wax is pretty good stuff and saves a fair bit of time. Then went for a quick run to my mates and he took me out in his GTR....holy crap...never been in anything so quick in my life. Awesome. :D

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Gave it a full wash, ice polish and finished it with mcguires carnauba wax :) took 4hrs to do 3 cars. Dads 5 series BMW took the longest as just purchased it yesterday.

Btw i have decided to take my front license plate and put it in the window, is this illegal?

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
went to Nottingham four wheel alignment all wheels now point where they are supposed too and my steering wheel is centred happy days

PS the set up from the factory was a right mess according to the machine only 1 rear wheel was in tolerance every other wheel back and front was out

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
went to Nottingham four wheel alignment all wheels now point where they are supposed too and my steering wheel is centred happy days

PS the set up from the factory was a right mess according to the machine only 1 rear wheel was in tolerance every other wheel back and front was out

Shocking isn't it. Makes you wonder if they bother at all at the factory. :(

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Today i have been playing with my car. first up i decided i wanted to change the lights. so a light smoke tint film added

Before
ex3.jpg

After
P1000545.jpg

P1000550.jpg

P1000553.jpg

Also got round to finishing my engine cover. didnt have any black vinyl so did it in grey for now. think ill take it off and spray it when i get a chance to get it black.

you can see where i filled in the slope on the top left corner for the MAF sensor. so its more square :)

P1000554.jpg

P1000557.jpg

Here you can see where i cut the side bit off and then fibreglassed the end on to keep the line constant.

P1000558.jpg

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
ross, the car looks amazing!!! These are the sort of pictures that should convince the missus that the Leon IS a beautiful car and IS NOT a chav car.

The rear lights really look great. What colour are the alloys, they're fantastic - it's so nice to see a different colour? And that engine cover, where would I find one of those?

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Shocking isn't it. Makes you wonder if they bother at all at the factory. :(

tell me about it no wonder my rears are starting to scrub he had to do a lot of spannering to get it right and he did a great job each measurement equaled its opposite bang on he even said if I'm not happy within 14 days bring it back and he'll do it again free :)

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Went to have my stereo and accessories fitted today and my new Milltek cat back exhaust. Ended up coming home with neither of them being done :(

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
Removed my front spacers.

Washed, dried, tar removed, iron filings removed (will do this at the end of summer again), werkstatt prime acrylic polished, werkstatt acrylic trigger, 3m glass cleaner applied. Tyres dressed. Then drove it home is the fog :(

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Washed my rear end this morning. Also washed my mrs mums new (140 fr).... Plenty toys, but slower than a week in the jail. They have ruined the point of the fr

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
finished carbon wrapping my rear diffuser damn tricky off the car I had to tape it to the dining room table and teach the missus to get the right heat with the hair dryer
word of warning its a stubborn bugger to pull of after you get the srews out do't do what I did and smack yourself in the nose with it :)
carbon wrapped the front pillars dead easy just four screws and your away
Tried to do the mirror caps on the car wasn't to bad but I wasn't totally happy (you have to get it very stretchy) so ripped it off may have another go or just get them done properly although I am considering the chrome ones to be different.
Tomorrow rear pillars and may do the grill but then if I get the chrome mirror covers I may well leave it as it is ;)

PS: Tip anything you plan on wrapping wash it with fairy liquid it's a great degreaser

Last edited:

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
finished carbon wrapping my rear diffuser damn tricky off the car I had to tape it to the dining room table and teach the missus to get the right heat with the hair dryer
word of warning its a stubborn bugger to pull of after you get the srews out do't do what I did and smack yourself in the nose with it :)
carbon wrapped the front pillars dead easy just four screws and your away
Tried to do the mirror caps on the car wasn't to bad but I wasn't totally happy (you have to get it very stretchy) so ripped it off may have another go or just get them done properly although I am considering the chrome ones to be different.
Tomorrow rear pillars and may do the grill but then if I get the chrome mirror covers I may well leave it as it is ;)

PS: Tip anything you plan on wrapping wash it with fairy liquid it's a great degreaser

Got any pictures of the diffuser?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.