What did you and your MK2 do today?

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
Well spent all afternoon sprucing the car.

Products used

Chemical guys no touch
Chemical guys glossworks
Auto Smart new wheels
Auto Smart Tardis
Car pro Iron X
Chemical guys E-Zyme paste wax
Chemical guys Hybrid V7
Chemical guys G6 tyre shine
Chemical guys Glassworks

f82a52a2.jpg

dce027e2.jpg

22e5428a.jpg

050ae781.jpg

9dea1e52.jpg

f4bd35aa.jpg

8c6fb113.jpg

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Realised it had been a while since I checked the oil.
Checked it, didnt even show up on the dipstick. AARGH!!

Added a litre of oil. Again.
This is getting old...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Realised it had been a while since I checked the oil.
Checked it, didnt even show up on the dipstick. AARGH!!

Added a litre of oil. Again.
This is getting old...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wonder what it takes for a warning light to appear to let you know there is no bloody oil left!
ive been caught out once! when i was 150 miles away from home, luckily i carry around a 5ltr container of mobil 1 in the boot, has about a ltr left mind so i best take another from work some time soon!

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
today I finally managed to get the wing mirror caps off:) (used the mirror out technique) and had my first attempt at wrapping something

first go

scaled.php

looked propper shite, but it was just a test

second go

scaled.php

slightly better

third go

scaled.php

I was happy with this one, and it took the least amount of time. I found that keeping the wrap hot all the time was the only way to do it, constantly stretching it out and over the cap.

I stuck the 2nd and 3rd attempts on the car but will redo no2 again at a later date

now the question is does it look ok on the car??? hopefully not to chavy:shrug:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

thoughts and opinions always welcome

and before anyones says, yes I know my hubs and calipers need to be painted!!

Last edited:

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
looks great how did you managed to hold the cap I tried doing one on the car today and you have to use considerable pull to stretch it and get the smooth finish even the wasn't happy with the outer edge underneath the mirror so ripped it off

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Best way to wrap is by keeping it warm just make sure u keep the heat gun at a distance else you make holes ><

Hounestly, i dont like it.. but if you like it, then thats all that matters :D

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
ok so heat gun and to stretch something in my book that takes 3 hands now to stretch something over something as light as a mirror cap takes another 2 hands so which one of you has 5 hands :)

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
ok so heat gun and to stretch something in my book that takes 3 hands now to stretch something over something as light as a mirror cap takes another 2 hands so which one of you has 5 hands :)

Haha, no I only used MY hands. Used the gfs hair dryer, propped it up between me shoulder and the side of me head (like u would a phone) then held the cap with one hand and the other was used to stretch the wrap. There's no way I'd use a heat gun, I'd burn the bloody house down!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
i wonder what it takes for a warning light to appear to let you know there is no bloody oil left!
ive been caught out once! when i was 150 miles away from home, luckily i carry around a 5ltr container of mobil 1 in the boot, has about a ltr left mind so i best take another from work some time soon!

There should be a better warning light, especially if we're going through oil at this rate.
I wonder if I did any damage :(
It seemed almost bone dry.

Jun 24, 2011
Sheffield
Finally finished Btcc kit off with front bumper. Needs final wet flat and buff to remove orange Peel effect but very happy.

Can anyone recommend where to get the side grills from? My front has the older large side grills and I want the newer style ones.
Thanks

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Got me spaceers on today. 10mm front and 15mm rear. Need to raise the front a little now as the tyres are rubbing on the arch ober bumpy ground :-(

2012-03-26105732.jpg

2012-03-26105717.jpg

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
Finally finished Btcc kit off with front bumper. Needs final wet flat and buff to remove orange Peel effect but very happy.

Can anyone recommend where to get the side grills from? My front has the older large side grills and I want the newer style ones.
Thanks

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Ask Dave @ SERE!!