What did you and your MK2 do today?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Iron x is non abrasive and so is tardis

They are awesome cleaners.

Im abit skeptical about the 90quid kit, there seems to be a lack of prep, i suppose clay bar and other contaminate remover wouldnt go a miss.

Also me personally i wouldnt put this on an unpolished surface because id be sealing in imperfections, lighter colours of car maybe tho

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Indeed. Somewhere on here someone told me about another product called OptiCoat 2.0 (I think). Same thing. Lifetime seal. But they tell you to really prep the car first because all defects will be sealed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
The step 1 bottle is the prep, the formula incorporates nano technology which are so small they are able to penetrate into the hundreds and thousands of tiny cracks in the paint and draw out all the dirt and defects. That leaves the surface spotlessly clean.

You then use step 2 which is the sealer. Once again nanos penetrate into the cracks in the paint and bond together effectively rooting itself to the surface.

Your not sealing any dirt in at all, that is all removed to start with.

And regarding the £90 price tag, your right, you could go and buy a load of product from halfords that would leave your car looking good, but it won't offer the protection this product does and once you have used it all up you have to go and spend another £90 to buy more.

Obviously it's each to there own, I just thought I would offer my opinion as I used it yesterday and thought I would spread the word on how good I thought it was.

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Lifetime guarantee mate ;) the state that you apply once and then never need to polish it again, just wash and dry :D

And how this lifetime guarantee works ? As i think is just not meaning anything promise ...

For £90 you can get decent producta not from halfords ... £36 Cquartz UK

Iron x is non abrasive and so is tardis

They are awesome cleaners.

Im abit skeptical about the 90quid kit, there seems to be a lack of prep, i suppose clay bar and other contaminate remover wouldnt go a miss.

Also me personally i wouldnt put this on an unpolished surface because id be sealing in imperfections, lighter colours of car maybe tho

Like you say cleaners but they will not remove something like tree sap ...

The step 1 bottle is the prep, the formula incorporates nano technology which are so small they are able to penetrate into the hundreds and thousands of tiny cracks in the paint and draw out all the dirt and defects. That leaves the surface spotlessly clean.

You then use step 2 which is the sealer. Once again nanos penetrate into the cracks in the paint and bond together effectively rooting itself to the surface.

Your not sealing any dirt in at all, that is all removed to start with.

And regarding the £90 price tag, your right, you could go and buy a load of product from halfords that would leave your car looking good, but it won't offer the protection this product does and once you have used it all up you have to go and spend another £90 to buy more.

Obviously it's each to there own, I just thought I would offer my opinion as I used it yesterday and thought I would spread the word on how good I thought it was.

If you have some time you can do some test with APC or some different cleaners to check how durable this coating is ?

Also how about thicknes of this coating after applying ??

Any scratch ressistance ?

Over the years I have spend £.K on many products and there is not coating which give you better protection than Cquartz or Echelon coating

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Check out the website and have a read for your self.

Www.airglideltd.com

It does offer scratch resistant, there is a scratch test somewhere on there with comparisons to standard paint

Mar 22, 2012
South east

Www.airglideltd.com

It does offer scratch resistant, there is a scratch test somewhere on there with comparisons to standard paint

Bloody hell everyone's giving you a hard time. Cheers for the info sounds like something to consider! Even if it doesn't last a lifetime with the finish you've got and if even if it last a while seems to me it would still work out the cheaper option! Think ill give it a go! Cheers buddy!

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Haha thanks man, i would recommend it to everyone! It is by far the best stuff I have ever used! And even if it only lasts a 3-4 years that's fine because, let's face it, not many people have a car for longer than that.

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010

Www.airglideltd.com

There is no information which material is used for test apart form what they used to cause scratch.

Good test but hardly any comparisation to real life ...

And as far as I can see scratch is deeper with coating on but this is probably because coating add some thicknes ... Untreated penetration depth is 90µm when treated penetration depth is about 100µm.

It definately add some slickness as friction is much lower with coating on.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Dont get me wrong, the comparison pics look fantastic. Do you have to be specific with the upkeep + maintenance like certain shampoos?

I have autoglym lifeshine, thats long gone off my car now.......

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
It is supposed to stop gentle scratches. People brushing past your car in car parks, trees and branches overthrowing on country roads etc. if someone was to key you doors its not going to stop that, but neither is a standard polish or wax so I'm not sure what your expecting.

If you compare the light part of the graph, that is where the difference is and that is the type of scratches it will stop from happening. Remember this was don't with a diamond tip...not a tree branch or a ladies handbag

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
They recommend to use a ph neutral snow foam, but it's not necessary. Any old shampoo will be fine tho

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
It is supposed to stop gentle scratches. People brushing past your car in car parks, trees and branches overthrowing on country roads etc. if someone was to key you doors its not going to stop that, but neither is a standard polish or wax so I'm not sure what your expecting.

If you compare the light part of the graph, that is where the difference is and that is the type of scratches it will stop from happening. Remember this was don't with a diamond tip...not a tree branch or a ladies handbag

Most important thing is to stop swirls from occuring when you wash your car ...

I'm just saying their promises are bit empty until someone do real life test...

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Most important thing is to stop swirls from occuring when you wash your car ...

I'm just saying their promises are bit empty until someone do real life test...

I just did the test...that's how this conversation started lol. I did it on my car and was amazed by the results so I thought I would share it with all you guys

Plus there's a heap of photos on there website gallery of cars they have done

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Did my dads car straight after mine too

MercReflection_zpsb9e96907.png

MercBonet_zps9f8567f3.png

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
There is no sun in second pic to show any swirls ... so this pictures do not prove anything

There is no way you can remove swirls without taking a layer off clear coat off ... so I do no believe in "miracle" products

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
There is no sun in second pic to show any swirls ... so this pictures do not prove anything

There is no way you can remove swirls without taking a layer off clear coat off ... so I do no believe in "miracle" products

Ok well don't buy it then. I'm just offering my opinion and experience with it. Im not telling you to go out and buy it. And regarding the photos not proving anything, I think they prove a lot. The finish is better than anything i have ever used. And I didn't ever call it a "miracle product" either.

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Ok well don't buy it then. I'm just offering my opinion and experience with it. Im not telling you to go out and buy it. And regarding the photos not proving anything, I think they prove a lot. The finish is better than anything i have ever used. And I didn't ever call it a "miracle product" either.

Exactly what I thought mate . the pics do show the shine after even though the sun wasnt out as much . Looks good stuff !! If they use it on planes then im sure its good enough for my car !!!

I do wonder y some ppl try and argue a fact when u was just showing us a product none of us have heard of , which is what being part of a forum is all about .

Nice 1 benzy !!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Exactly what I thought mate . the pics do show the shine after even though the sun wasnt out as much . Looks good stuff !! If they use it on planes then im sure its good enough for my car !!!

I do wonder y some ppl try and argue a fact when u was just showing us a product none of us have heard of , which is what being part of a forum is all about .

Nice 1 benzy !!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Leero :) nice to see some of us understand the point of a forum which is to talk about ideas, troubleshooting problems, fixes and products.

It's just started to spit with rain so hopefully ill be able to get some nice beading pictures for you guys shortly....the sun won't be out in the bead pictures tho sadly so I hope there good enough for you all ;)

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
This is after using £16 product for 236ml enough for 20 applications ...

img0219x.jpg

I'm not saing is a bad product but I have never heard of it before and such staitements like guarantee or other marketing empty talk do not prove anything.

I'm all up for new products if they really do "what it say on the tin" £90 is a lot of cash for product no one never heard off ...

Last edited:

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
This is after using £16 product for 236ml enough for 20 application ...

img0219x.jpg

I'm not saing is a bad product but I have never heard of it before and such staitements like guarantee or other marketing empty talk do not prove anything.

I'm all up for new products if they really do "what it say on the tin"

Of course you have never heard of it...that's the point...it's brand new on the market!!! its incorporating a technology which is a much higher standard than you will get in a £16 bottle.

Personally I want to look after the paintwork on my car and for 90 quid it's a small price to pay, I wouldn't dream of using a cheep product. You get what you pay for!

This is a photo off there website showing the particle size of the nanos in comparison to polish

41F28B99-9EAF-46C2-A4E6-3F126A54BEE3-13825-0000085879A56716_zps96f8f4ea.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members