What did you and your MK2 do today?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Are there any side effects to this? What exactly does this do lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reason this is on full on CupraR is because it has bigger brakes than the FRs. The xds uses the brakes to stimulate the effects of an LSD... Sort of. So the brakes on the FR will wear quicker

It does work though in the sense that you can come into a corner quicker and just throw it in, relying on the electronics to keep the car right.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
The reason this is on full on CupraR is because it has bigger brakes than the FRs. The xds uses the brakes to stimulate the effects of an LSD... Sort of. So the brakes on the FR will wear quicker

It does work though in the sense that you can come into a corner quicker and just throw it in, relying on the electronics to keep the car right.

Cool, thanks for the info buddy :thumbup:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I don't know pal to be honest.

Yeah it's illegal because by law it has to show kmh and since it's not on the clocks it's in the mfd and when you select rest of the world from England (or whatever it is) then it disables this. However you can enable it again via the mfd but the mph goes.

I don't get that though unless you are going to another country.

We measure speed in mph in England and all speed limits are mph so I'm not sure I understand the need for kmh.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire

We measure speed in mph in England and all speed limits are mph so I'm not sure I understand the need for kmh.

Me neither it's just the regulations pal. I asked me dealer to do it said no so I did it lol.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire

You can't just go into a corner quicker because it won't correct anything, neither would a LSD. It's all about getting the power down through the corner and exit and not just pushing the front end further and further out.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
You can't just go into a corner quicker because it won't correct anything, neither would a LSD. It's all about getting the power down through the corner and exit and not just pushing the front end further and further out.

And this is where XDS is nothing like an LSD. LSD will put power to the outside wheel, xds does the opposite. So all in all you lose speed, but you can approach the corner quicker knowing you can power through it

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

Probably some Brussels thang! Just makes me want to change it to mph even more now.

But, i would be happy with a totally within regulations needle sweep :)

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
And this is where XDS is nothing like an LSD. LSD will put power to the outside wheel, xds does the opposite. So all in all you lose speed, but you can approach the corner quicker knowing you can power through it

If you go into a 60mph corner at 90mph no LSD will help you. It's about putting power down 1/3 way through compared to when your about to come out of it.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
If you go into a 60mph corner at 90mph no LSD will help you. It's about putting power down 1/3 way through compared to when your about to come out of it.

Look monkey boy you're not seeing my point haha!
With an LSD or xds you can come into a corner faster...because you can take the corner faster :) So yes the LSD kicks in ON the corner, but it allows for a bit more speed into and out of the corner. The latter being the most important.

All XDS is good for really is making sure you don't ditch it when you throw it into a corner far too fast. It fixes your mistakes for you a bit. :)

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Look monkey boy you're not seeing my point haha!
With an LSD or xds you can come into a corner faster...because you can take the corner faster :) So yes the LSD kicks in ON the corner, but it allows for a bit more speed into and out of the corner. The latter being the most important.

All XDS is good for really is making sure you don't ditch it when you throw it into a corner far too fast. It fixes your mistakes for you a bit. :)

Haha next mini roundabout I'm in at 70mph

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The FR has been a little neglected the past 3 months as I had a operation and had been out of work until a few weeks ago. So today I have booked it in for a service next monday and ordered some Valeo wiper blades from ECP for £26 instead of £36.

Had a bit of a nightmare going to pick the wipers up from ECP. When pulling into the industrial unit where they are based they have now stuck a metal plate in the middle of the road that the gates fix to. My fault as I was looking at the shop as the sign wasn't there and then heard an almighty bang and then the inevitable sound of a tyre rapidly deflating. It has sliced right through the side of the tyre and put a nice dent in the alloy.

Long story short I had to fork out close to £100 for a new tyre. Wasnt too bad as the tyre had a screw in it anyway.

On a positive note the wipers are excellent.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I think you might be trying this on mine at VW Fest Oliver ;)

I can do it for you :)

I don't know pal to be honest.

Yeah it's illegal because by law it has to show kmh and since it's not on the clocks it's in the mfd and when you select rest of the world from England (or whatever it is) then it disables this. However you can enable it again via the mfd but the mph goes.

I've read that, but in 95% sure my mums porsche and my dad's BMW don't display kph!

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Yeah the mpg one is wierd because my display (09 FL) was different to a 12 plate leon.

They changed the speedo cluster and needles from white to red and I think when they did that think it changed the settings as my MPH is a lot smaller than some.

Tried this today and it didn't work, all I achieved was removing the digital speed completely :-/ any help?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise